Benazir taken into safe custody in view of terror threats: Rashid(Lead: Benazir)November 14th, 2007 - 10:20 am ICT by admin
Rashid said that such information were there that the terrorists have entered into Rawalpindi and, therefore, Benazir Bhutto has been taken into the safe custody in view of the security, Geo News reported.
When quizzed, Rashid said that in all 45 days would be allowed for electioneering.
Besides, he said that following the Supreme Court verdict relating to Musharraf, emergency would be lifted and the assemblies would be dissolved.
He further said that the process of the Government- PPP understanding was getting into the oblivion.
Meanwhile, State Minister for Information Tariq Azeem has said that Bhutto has not been detained formally.
A foreign news agency said that Azeem told that the government would not give permission for holding rally to any party or leader.
He said that the law was equally applicable to all and any one violating would be processed under the law. (ANI)
- Musharraf will have to face Pak court in Benazir assassination case: Babar Awan - Feb 09, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik - Mar 26, 2011
- Rehman Malik had significant role in Bhutto's security management: Report - Apr 19, 2010
- PPP not to unveil Benazir Bhutto assassination report - Apr 04, 2011
- Pak govt. committed to bring Benazir's assassins to justice at any cost: Kaira - Apr 20, 2010
- Zardari, Gilani not committed to unearthing Benazir's murderers: ex political secretary - Nov 29, 2010
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Musharraf, Malik, other top PPP leaders to be quizzed in Bhutto assassination case - May 04, 2010
- Benazir Bhutto assassination probe should have started from Musharraf: Aitzaz Ahsan - Dec 25, 2010
- Bilawal against premature release of Benazir Bhutto assassination report - Apr 04, 2011
- 'Allegation against Musharraf of Benazir's murder ridiculous' - May 02, 2010
- Cop accused of 'intentionally' decreasing Benazir's security during assassination rally - Jan 14, 2011
- Pakistani minister axed for criticizing military, Supreme Court - Sep 26, 2010
- Benazir Bhutto's aide's clarion call to PPP government to arrest her assassins - Nov 11, 2010
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011