Ben and I had a joint bank account: Matt DamonMarch 6th, 2011 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 6 (IANS) Actor Matt Damon says he and his actor friend Ben Affleck had a joint bank account and they used to share money to pay for audition trips in the initial days of their careers.
“I started coming down here to New York by myself with money I had made in local commercials in Boston. Ben and I actually had a joint bank account and the bank account was money we had made from doing local commercials and we could only use it on trips to New York to audition,” Damon told Piers Morgan on his show Piers Morgan Tonight.
“When I look back at that, 16 and 14-year-olds, we were really young to be taking the bus by ourselves to New York and spending a day going to an audition - we were living adult lives as teenagers,” he added.
Both the actors shared the screen in “Goodwill Hunting”, a film that they had co-scripted and won Oscars for writing the best original screenplay.
Damon is known for his performance in “Saving Private Ryan”, the “Bourne” series, “Syriana”, “The Good Shepherd” and “The Departed”, while his friend Affleck has films like “Armageddon”, “Changing Lanes” and “Daredevil” to boast about.
Damon says he’s glad that he didn’t get his big break until after college, admitting he’d hate his daughters to follow him into the industry before they’re adults, reports dailystar.co.uk.
“I’m very fortunate I didn’t get a job then, because I did end up going to college. That’s what my parents wanted for me, they said, ‘Do theatre now but go to school, there’s plenty of time to be an actor’, and I think that’s the advice I’d give to my girls. Your teenage years should be fun with your friends, not with a profession,” he said.
- Matt Damon, Ben Affleck paid for auditions from joint bank account - Mar 06, 2011
- Damon wanted Affeck's 'Argo' role - Oct 16, 2011
- Ben Affleck's first experience of buying condoms revealed in sex book - Mar 22, 2011
- Affleck, Damon become neighbours - Sep 14, 2012
- Former Yankees baseball player desperate to block wife-swap film - Feb 24, 2011
- Matt Damon disappointed in President Obama - Mar 05, 2011
- At 40, Matt Damon doesn't worry - Jan 08, 2011
- Matt Damon applauds pal Ben Affleck for resurrecting career - Mar 05, 2011
- Affleck returns with 'The Town' - Sep 16, 2010
- Blake Lively Starer "The Town" Rocks Box-Office - Sep 20, 2010
- Affleck, Damon team up for gangster biopic - Oct 26, 2011
- Affleck hated growing hair for 'Argo' - Sep 11, 2012
- Damon plans to reunite with Affleck - Jan 17, 2011
- Matt Damon to receive Lifetime Achievement Award - Aug 31, 2009
- Piers Morgan to quit 'Britain's Got Talent' - Oct 12, 2010
Tags: 14 year olds, actor matt damon, adult lives, armageddon, ben affleck, best original screenplay, changing lanes, daredevil, going to college, good shepherd, initial days, london march, matt damon, oscars, piers morgan, plenty of time, saving private ryan, scripted, teenage years, trips to new york