Belgium town creates fake beach for citizensJuly 16th, 2012 - 1:46 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, July 16 (IANS) A town called Louvain-la-Neuve, located 30 km from Belgian capital Brussels, has laid out a big sand beach at the central square of the town to brighten up leisure time of citizens, RIA Novosti reported.Town authorities brought nearly 400 tonnes of sand and made a 1,200 square metre sandbox despite rainy weather in the town famous for its university.
Visitors to the man-made beach could rest in lounge chairs or simply lie on the sand, local media said.
The town is trying to brighten up leisure time for residents who decided to spend the summer vacation at home. The authorities plan to carry out various kinds of entertainment and beach sports for people of all ages till Aug 5.
- Belgium town creates fake beach for citizens - Jul 16, 2012
- Belgians strip down to undies to protest 249 days of political stalemate - Feb 18, 2011
- EU to introduce new sanctions on Syria - Feb 06, 2012
- Belgium urges citizens to leave Syria - Jul 22, 2012
- Belgium city biggest cocaine user in Europe - Aug 15, 2011
- Belgium begins troop withdrawal from Afghanistan - Aug 06, 2012
- Russian man dies stunning fish with electric shock - May 30, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Russia's Siberia region hit by wildfires - Jul 30, 2012
- Giant Persian rug sets Guinness record - Aug 26, 2012
- Olympic beach volleyball: Americans seal third straight gold - Aug 09, 2012
- Mubarak's sand sculpture created in Orissa (With Image) - Feb 05, 2011
- NATO not to keep troops around Libya - Oct 25, 2011
- Olympics: Gelana wins gold in women's marathon - Aug 05, 2012
- Odisha artist makes ailing Big B's sand image (With Image) - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: beach sports, belgian capital, belgium, capital brussels, central square, citizens, leisure time, local media, lounge chairs, louvain, rainy weather, ria novosti, sand beach, sandbox, square metre, summer vacation, tonnes, town authorities, university visitors