‘Being Alien’ tag not without Salman’s permission: Farah KhanJuly 14th, 2012 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 14 (IANS) Shirish Kunder’s directorial venture “Joker” carries the tagline ‘Being Alien’, similar to the name of Salman Khan’s NGO ‘Being Human’. Director-choreographer and Kunder’s wife Farah Khan clarifies that the tagline for the movie was finalised only after they sought permission from the actor.
“It is evident from the trailer that it is a very different film. We have asked Salman and we have actually taken the ‘Being Alien’ caption from ‘Being Human’,” the 47-year-old said here.
The movie’s narrative revolves around the extra-terrestrials, and Farah clarified the use of ‘Being Alien’ has nothing negative about it.
“We are not taking a dig at him because the movie is about aliens and crop circles. So we asked him and he thought it was very funny and he said ‘Please use it’,” she added.
Unique promotional strategies are being used for “Joker”. Men dressed as aliens attended an event here Friday.
“UTV and all of us have together decided upon this strategy that we will go for out-of-the-box promotions for this film. We don’t want to go for regular kind of promotions like city visits or shows because the movie is very different from the kind of movies you have seen,” said Farah.
The ‘aliens’ met music composer Anu Malik and also reached composer Vishal Dadlani’s studio. Farah said more such promotions are planned where they will meet more Bollywood personalities.
“Shah Rukh Khan is in London, so aliens couldn’t meet him. Salman saw him and said he’ll meet them properly later. They danced with Vishal on ‘Sheila ki jawaani’,” said Farah.
“Joker”, releasing Aug 31, features Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha, Minissha Lamba and Shreyas Talpade.
- Why is Akshay missing from 'Joker' promotions? - Aug 20, 2012
- SRK-Shirish brawl jokes storm internet - Jan 31, 2012
- Showing 'Joker' in space part of promotional strategy - Jul 31, 2012
- I became better with every film: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Aug 26, 2012
- 'Joker' to release Aug 30, 2012 - Oct 30, 2011
- 'Joker' clothes up for grabs - Aug 27, 2012
- 'Joker': A fun original village tale of aliens (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Sep 01, 2012
- Nadiadwala replaces Kunder as 'Kick' director - Sep 01, 2012
- Farah wants Sunita Williams to watch 'Joker' - in space! - Jul 27, 2012
- Shirish Kunder apologises to SRK - Aug 25, 2012
- Shadab Faridi to sing for 'Dabangg 2' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 13, 2012
- Composer Vishal Dadlani claims harassment - Apr 18, 2012
- 'Joker' is not comedy: Shrish Kunder - Jan 22, 2012
- Shakespearean farce or SRK's short fuse? B-Town debates - Jan 31, 2012
- Kunder plans to shoot 'Kick' from November - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: akshay kumar, aliens, choreographer, crop circles, directorial venture, extra terrestrials, farah khan, joker, july 14, malik, minissha lamba, music composer, ngo, salman khan, shah rukh khan, sheila, shirish kunder, Shreyas Talpade, tagline, utv