Beijing reports fewer accident deathsFebruary 19th, 2012 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 19 (IANS) A total of 1,089 people died in various accidents in Beijing last year, down 7.4 percent year-on-year, the municipality said Sunday.
Among them, 924 people died in road accidents, said Chen Qing, deputy chief with the city’s work safety supervisory bureau.
This year, the administration will inspect small-sized restaurants, markets and factories to flash out illegal operators and minimize potential accidents, the Global Times reported.
- Global garment factories leaving China - Mar 28, 2012
- Beijing braces for more rain - Jul 25, 2012
- China seizes over 33,000 illegal drug ads - Apr 17, 2012
- Shanghai curbs smoking - Mar 06, 2012
- China busts counterfeit drug racket - Dec 30, 2011
- New Year fireworks set off 5,945 blazes in China - Feb 07, 2011
- Nine killed in Moscow river boat accident - Jul 31, 2011
- China mine safety official gets life for bribe - Nov 18, 2010
- Beijing Police may use drones during emergencies - May 13, 2011
- Beijing's property sales fall 12 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- China arrests over 900 in tainted pork crackdown - Aug 29, 2011
- Outrage in Pakistan over factory fire deaths - Sep 13, 2012
- Chinese province school buses to have GPS - Feb 24, 2012
- Crackdown on illegal mining in China - Jul 03, 2011
- Restaurant bills cause graft probe against tobacco chief in China - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,