Bedi NGO did not cheat: KejriwalNovember 28th, 2011 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 28 (IANS) Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal Monday rubbished the allegations of misappropriation of funds against Kiran Bedi’s NGO and said the charges were a result of her demand for a strong Lokpal.
Talking to reporters in the national capital, Kejriwal said there was no misappropriation of funds.
Delhi Police registered a first information report (FIR) against Bedi Sunday after a court here ordered so, on the basis of a complaint by petitioner Devinder Chauhan alleging that Bedi misused donations by big corporates to her NGO.
“The court order has no evidence attached, there are two allegations of cheating against Vedanta foundation and Microsoft,” Kejriwal said.
Bedi, who was also present, did not say anything in her defence and Kejriwal presented the case on her behalf.
“Vedanta has written a letter to us, and they have rejected all allegations. Microsoft will also be sending such a letter soon,” he said.
“How can a third party allege cheating when the two parties working with each other have no complaints,” he added.
Kejriwal called it a conspiracy and said the case was filed against Bedi because she was fighting for the Janlokpal bill.
“The FIR has been registered not because of any cheating or fraud, it is because she demanded a strong Lokpal bill,” he said.
The court Saturday directed police to file a case against Bedi on a complaint filed by Chauhan. Police Sunday registered a case against Bedi for criminal breach of trust, cheating and criminal conspiracy.
Chauhan alleged that Bedi cheated various paramilitary forces and state police organisations on the pretext of providing free computer training to troopers’ families under the banner of her NGO India Vision Foundation.
- Allegations against Bedi a conspiracy: Kejriwal (Lead) - Nov 29, 2011
- Delhi court orders Kiran Bedi to be booked for cheating - Nov 26, 2011
- Vedanta foundation officials quizzed in misappropriation of funds - Mar 26, 2012
- Delhi Police files FIR against Kiran Bedi - Nov 27, 2011
- FIR not a surprise, says Kiran Bedi - Nov 26, 2011
- Police seek account audit of Anna-led group - May 22, 2012
- Probe against Bedi still on, police tell court - Jan 07, 2012
- It was for the cause: Bedi on inflated reimbursements - Oct 20, 2011
- Can't book Nirmal Baba over complaint, cops tell court - Sep 10, 2012
- Police told to file report in Nirmal Baba case - Aug 10, 2012
- Court sends activist's death probe to crime branch (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Anna movement cannot open bank account: Kejriwal - Oct 28, 2011
- How Zakia Jafri's complaint reached apex court - Sep 12, 2011
- Court seeks police report on Kejriwal - Aug 13, 2012
- 'Was warned to withdraw complaint against Kejriwal' - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: allegations, arvind kejriwal, breach of trust, corporates, criminal breach of trust, criminal conspiracy, delhi police, fir, free computer training, india vision, information report, kiran bedi, misappropriation of funds, New Delhi, ngo, paramilitary forces, petitioner, pretext, state police, vedanta