Beauty queens come together to celebrate womanhoodMay 7th, 2012 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) Vanya Mishra, Prachi Mishra and Rochelle Maria Rao, winners of Pantaloons Femina Miss India (PFMI) 2012, walked the ramp Monday to celebrate women and their contribution to society.
“Being a woman, it is a proud moment for me to celebrate the glory of women. For me, women are the most beautiful thing that can happen in anybody’s life and nothing in this world can replace their charm and care,” said Vanya, who won the PFMI World 2012 title.
The event, organised by Veet, featured a fashion show where Vanya walked the ramp along with PFMI International 2012 Rochelle and PFMI Earth 2012 Prachi.
Other models who had participated in the 2012 Miss India contest too walked the ramp. They all flaunted Mumbai-based designer Archana Kochhar’s creations. A dance show was presented by a group of young girls and boys.
Also present was Farah Hussain, winner of Femina Miss beautiful legs 2012. She was honoured with a special award.
“I believe that to inspire beauty, we need to find confidence and beauty within. All we need to do is to believe in ourselves. Most beautiful girls are not the ones that have the prettiest face or perfect body, they are the ones who have their own unique style and attitude,” Hussain told IANS.
Kochhar wished luck to Miss India winners for their participation in forthcoming international competition.
“I wish these girls all the best and want them to bring the crown back in India as we haven’t seen it happening for the past few years,” Kochhar told IANS.
- Jalandhar girl wins Femina Miss India World title - Mar 31, 2012
- Femina Miss India pageant enters 50th year - Sep 18, 2012
- Right attitude can help win Miss India title: Manasvi Mamgai - Apr 14, 2011
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Share your beauty tips, Vanya urges women (With Images) - Jul 03, 2012
- China's Wen Xia Yu wins Miss World 2012 title, Vanya Mishra loses (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- New Miss India wants to uplift rural masses - Apr 19, 2011
- Beauty queens jazz up Archana Kochhar's LFW show - Aug 17, 2011
- 11 designers to participate in India Bridal Fashion Week (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- Raising us singlehandedly wasn't easy for mom: Miss India World (Interview) - Apr 08, 2009
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Miss India World 2010 wishes to work for animal rights - May 16, 2010
- Miss Kerala 2012: Three selected, 19 more to go - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: beautiful girls, beautiful legs, beautiful thing, beauty queens, being a woman, dance show, fashion show, femina miss india, girls and boys, international competition, mishra, miss india contest, nothing in this world, pantaloons femina miss india, perfect body, prachi, proud moment, vanya, womanhood, young girls