BCCI to scout for bowling talent in HimachalFebruary 15th, 2012 - 1:17 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 15 (IANS) The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will be looking out for raw bowling talent in Himachal Pradesh for domestic matches, an official said here Wednesday.
The BCCI in association with the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) will conduct open bowling trials for upcoming players of the state who have not played in any BCCI-approved match, HPCA press secretary Mohit Sood told IANS.
He said former Indian coach and current director of National Cricket Academy Sandip Patil and coaches Karsan Ghavri and Joginder Puri would be at the HPCA’s stadium in Dharamsala for ‘Open Bowling Trials’ Feb 18 and 19.
“This is for the first time that the BCCI is coming to the state to shortlist grassroots talent,” he added.
Patil had recently said they would visit various cities across the country to select players who have never got any opportunity to play even in BCCI-approved matches.
The HPCA recently got approval for hosting one-day internationals (ODIs) and Twenty20 matches in its Dharamsala stadium.
Former Australian cricketer and ICC match referee David Boon visited the stadium Dec 12 last year to check the infrastructure for hosting international matches.
“The setting and outlook of this venue is outstanding, being located in the shadow of the Himalayas, making it one of the most unique in the cricketing world,” Boon said in a report.
The stadium, 250 km from state capital Shimla, has a 20,400-seating capacity, besides separate practice areas, a club lounge, restaurant, bar and a banquet hall.
- Dharamsala to host international cricket matches - Jan 20, 2012
- Himachal hopes success of IPL matches would bring international matches - May 13, 2011
- Rain go away, IPL makes Himachal pray - May 11, 2011
- Indian, British MPs to play T20 match - Apr 09, 2012
- 1,200 cricket teams to vie for premier league in Himachal - Sep 01, 2010
- Cricket craze boosts hotel business in Himachal - Apr 27, 2011
- Height of cricket diplomacy: Indian, British MPs play ball - Apr 14, 2012
- Himachal spent Rs.2.36 crore on security for IPL matches - May 17, 2012
- Himachal to get third cricket stadium - Dec 05, 2010
- Advani to watch Dharamsala IPL match - May 17, 2011
- Himachal cricket body officials get jail for match disruption - Oct 14, 2011
- 1,342 cricket teams in fray for Himachal's T-20 league - Nov 29, 2010
- Himachal ready to hold IPL matches in Dharamsala - May 06, 2011
- Dharamsala plans 'home stay' for IPL fans - May 16, 2012
- Up there, Dharamsala waits to host IPL matches (With Image) - Apr 05, 2010
Tags: australian cricketer, banquet hall, cricket association, david boon, dharamsala, himachal pradesh, himalayas, hpca, india bcci, indian coach, joginder, mohit, national cricket academy, odis, open bowling, puri, sandip patil, shimla, sood, twenty20