BCCI pulls up Kirsten for remarks on captaincySeptember 4th, 2008 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) The Indian Cricket Board has reprimanded coach Gary Kirsten for saying that Mahendra Singh Dhoni is ready for Test captaincy.Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Niranjan Shah asked Kirsten to avoid airing his views on selection and captaincy matters in the media.
“Kirsten should keep himself away from making such comments in the media. The selection committee is there to decide on who will captain the team,” Shah said Thursday.
“His remarks have not gone down well with those concerned because he is an important member of the support staff.”
Shah also said it India’s Test captain Anil Kumble should not be judged on the basis of one series in Sri Lanka.
“Anil is a great cricketer and as long as he is in form, I don’t think the selectors are going to drop him.”
- Kirsten has not applied for South Africa coach job, says Majola - Dec 24, 2010
- Captains for different formats a positive step: Kirsten - Jun 07, 2011
- Former captains pay rich tributes to Dravid at BCCI ceremony - Mar 27, 2012
- My philosophy is quite simple, help the players: Fletcher - May 13, 2011
- Dhoni should be felicitated with doctorate degree: Jharkhand Minister - Apr 03, 2011
- Is India self destructing its 2011 World Cup campaign? - Mar 18, 2011
- BCCI steps in to sort out Dhoni-Sehwag differences - Feb 23, 2012
- Kirsten's exit will a big loss for India: Akram - Jan 25, 2011
- My NCA vision not in alignment with other members: Kumble - Dec 12, 2011
- Open to coaching India: Ganguly - Sep 06, 2012
- Important to start well, says Dhoni - Jul 17, 2012
- Kirsten blasts seven Indian cricketers - May 13, 2010
- Stephen Fleming tipped to be next India cricket coach - Jan 16, 2011
- Fletcher to take over Indian cricket team after Windies tour (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Kirsten gets Arthur's support on Kumble comments - Sep 16, 2008