Bayern Munich, Hannover triumph in BundesligaSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 5:55 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, Sep 3 (IANS) Bayern Munich came from behind to celebrate a 6-1 goal festival against Stuttgart whilst Hannover cruised to a 4-0 win over Wolfsburg at the Lower Saxony derby to close the second round of German Bundesliga football here.
The Bavarians showed an inspiring and offensively minded soccer Sunday in front of 71,000 spectators at Allianz Arena to roll over the Swabians that swallowed six goals within 19 minutes, reports Xinhua.
Bayern needed some time to find their rhythm against Stuttgart, but as soon as the host gained a foothold into the match, the Swabians opened the scoring against the run of the game. Stuttgart striker Martin Harnik volleyed home at the second post following a free kick cross by defender Arthur Boka at the 24th minute.
The deficit was a wake-up call for the Bavarians as they responded with the equalizer seven minutes later by midfielder Thomas Mueller, who scored with a follow up shot from very close range. Seventy-three seconds after the equaliser, Bayern midfielder Toni Kroos went one better, when he hammered home from 21 meters to give his side the lead.
The FCB was not done with the scoring as midfielder Luis Gustavo extended the lead to 3-1 with a long-range effort at the 43rd minute.
Two minutes into second half Bayern started where they left off as striker Mario Mandzukic marked his second of the season. Thomas Mueller sealed his brace to two minutes later to see Bastian Schweinsteiger heading home the final 6-1 score at the 51st minute.
It got even for Stuttgart as striker Vedad Ibisevic was sent off with a straight red card following a violent conduct against Bayern defender Jerome Boateng.
“In the beginning we gave ourselves a hard time. Then we controlled the match bit by bit to show great soccer,” Jupp Heynckes said.
At the other match on Sunday, Hannover staged a faultless performance against harmless “Wolves” to wrap a comfortable 4-0 victory.
Wolfsburg staged a porous defence against Hannover’s provider Szabolcs Huszti who assisted at all four goals. Artur Sobiechs brace and goals by Karim Haggui and Leon Andreasen where enough to inflict the “Wolves” the first loss of the season.
“Today we did everything right in our attacking play,” Hannover coach Mirko Slomka said.
- Dortmund keep top position in Bundesliga after win against Hannover - Feb 27, 2012
- Bayern Munich claims win against newcomer - Aug 26, 2012
- Bayern Munich continue their Bundesliga domination - Oct 16, 2011
- Bayern Munich extend lead in Bundesliga with win over Augsburg - Nov 07, 2011
- Bayern Munich stay on top of Bundesliga standings - Dec 12, 2011
- Dortmund and Bayern win in Bundesliga - Apr 08, 2012
- Cologne, Bremen celebrate goal festival at Bundesliga - Dec 11, 2011
- Cologne relegated, Dortmund break Bundesliga record - May 06, 2012
- Dortmund humble Bayern to win German Cup - May 13, 2012
- Bayern on top with unconvincing victory over Wolfsburg - Jan 29, 2012
- Bayern stage faultless performance to stay on top - Sep 25, 2011
- Borussia Dortmund edge out Bayern Munich in Bundesliga - Nov 20, 2011
- Bayern seal last sixteen berth in Champions League - Nov 23, 2011
- Schalke, Bayern Munich jointly top German Bundesliga - Jan 22, 2012
- Mainz shock Stuttgart 3-1 in Bundesliga - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: allianz arena, arthur boka, bavarians, bayern munich, bit by bit, boateng, close range, equaliser, faultless performance, heading home, jupp heynckes, lower saxony, luis gustavo, seventy three, swabians, thomas mueller, toni kroos, vedad ibisevic, violent conduct, xinhua