Bayern Munich continue their Bundesliga dominationOctober 16th, 2011 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, Oct 16 (IANS) Bayern Munich blew away Hertha Berlin 4-0 to continue a clear lead at the German Bundesliga football standings after nine rounds.
Thanks to a terrific performances by striker Mario Gomez and Frenchmen midfielder Frank Ribery, Bayern wrapped up their fourth consecutive home victory at the Allianz Arena.
Staging a fulminate start, Gomez opened the scoring after he finished a counter attack launched by Ribery with only five minutes into the match.
Just two minutes later, Ribery himself doubled the lead when he netted a diagonal pass from defender Jerome Boateng, Xinhua reported.
Bayern was able to triple the lead through midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, who finished an assist by Ribery at the 12th minute.
The Bavarians retracted with the comfortable lead but still Hertha Berlin remained incapable to overcome Bayern’s well-positioned defence.
In the 69th minute referee Michael Weiner awarded Bayern a penalty after a foul play. Gomez converted to mark the final score.
The Bavarians stay on top with 22 points out of nine matches whilst Berlin stays at 10th position.
In other matches Saturday, Monchengladbach gave away a neat lead against shorthanded Leverkusen to tie 2-2, while Bundesliga newbies Augsburg celebrated their first win ever as midfielder Jan Ingwer Callsen Bracker converted a penalty just before time against Mainz.
Kaiserslautern shocked Schalke 2-1 in an exciting match that saw two straight red cards and as many penalties.
Stuttgart sealed their fourth victory in the last five matches with a 2-0 win against idealess Hoffenheim.
Wolfsburg earned a 2-1 victory over Nuremberg owing a brace by Wolves striker Mario Mandzukic.
- Bayern Munich move up in German Cup - Aug 21, 2012
- Dortmund humble Bayern to win German Cup - May 13, 2012
- Bayern win friendly against Holland - May 23, 2012
- Bayern seal last sixteen berth in Champions League - Nov 23, 2011
- Cologne, Bremen celebrate goal festival at Bundesliga - Dec 11, 2011
- Bayern Munich claims win against newcomer - Aug 26, 2012
- Bayern Munich extend lead in Bundesliga with win over Augsburg - Nov 07, 2011
- Bayern on top with unconvincing victory over Wolfsburg - Jan 29, 2012
- Bayern Munich, Hannover triumph in Bundesliga - Sep 03, 2012
- Bayern Munich stay on top of Bundesliga standings - Dec 12, 2011
- Bayern stage faultless performance to stay on top - Sep 25, 2011
- Dortmund and Bayern win in Bundesliga - Apr 08, 2012
- Bayern, Monchengladbach, Fuerth in German Cup semis - Feb 09, 2012
- Bayern Munich beat Valencia 2-1 at Champions League - Sep 20, 2012
- German record champion Bayern sets Dortmund under pressure - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: allianz arena, bastian schweinsteiger, bavarians, bayern munich, berlin 4, boateng, consecutive home victory, final score, football standings, foul play, frank ribery, frenchmen, german bundesliga, hertha berlin, ingwer, mario gomez, michael weiner, monchengladbach, red cards, terrific performances