Battered baby continues to be criticalJanuary 28th, 2012 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) The two-year-old abandoned and battered baby Falak continues to be critical, doctors said Saturday.
“Her condition is same as yesterday. She is stable but critical,” Deepak Agrwal, assistant professor (neurosurgery) at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Trauma Centre, told IANS.
Falak was taken off the ventilator Friday.
The baby was admitted to AIIMS here Jan 18 with multiple injuries, including a fractured skull, human bite marks on her tiny frame and a clot on the right side of her brain.
She was brought to the hospital by a teenaged girl who claimed to be her mother.
The tone of the doctors hints at bleak chances of the baby’s survival, though they also reported some movement in the baby Friday. Forensic experts examined Falak’s wounds Saturday.
Police have launched a massive hunt for the child’s parents and said they have constituted several teams to locate them as also those who had handed over the baby to the teenaged girl.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Battered baby remains critical, police hunt for parents (Roundup) - Jan 27, 2012
- Battered baby critical, woman claims to be relative (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Baby Falak back on ventilator, still critical: Doctor - Feb 12, 2012
- Battered baby critical, woman claims to be relative (Third Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Baby Falak remains on ventilator, still critical - Feb 13, 2012
- Baby Falak undergoes brain surgery, still critical (Second Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering - Jan 26, 2012
- 'Baby Falak's chances of survival less than 50 percent' - Jan 31, 2012
- Falak responding to treatment, still critical: Doctor - Feb 29, 2012
- Baby Falak still critical - Feb 02, 2012
- Baby Falak stable for now, but still critical: Doctors - Feb 04, 2012
- Falak coping well after fifth surgery: Doctor - Feb 22, 2012
- Battered baby Falak better, discharge likely soon, say doctors - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,