Battered baby Afreen still critical: DoctorsApril 10th, 2012 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 10 (IANS) Afreen, the three-month-old baby girl battered by her father as he wanted a son, continues to be on ventilator and has been getting convulsions, doctors attending on her at a city hospital here said Tuesday.
The baby is on ventilator and has been given blood, Some Gowda, medical superintendent of the Karnataka government’s Vani Vilas Hospital where the baby was admitted Sunday told reporters here.
He said a clear assessment of Afreen’s condition can be made only after she is taken off the ventilator.
Afreen has suffered brain haemorrhage and has bite marks on several parts of the body.
The baby’s father Umar Farook, who was arrested late Sunday, has confessed that he tried to kill Afreen because he wanted a boy, police claimed.
Farook, 25, an employee of a shop in Shivajinagar in city central business district, was held on a complaint by his 19-year-old wife Reshma Banu that he had tried to kill the baby as he wanted a son.
- Battered Bangalore baby dies, father faces murder charge (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Battered by father, Bangalore baby dies (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Baby girl tortured by father, this time in Bangalore (Second Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Baby girl tortured, now in Bangalore (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Desperate for son, father batters infant daughter - Apr 09, 2012
- Book Afreen's father for murder: NCPCR - Apr 11, 2012
- Blot on humanity, says twitterati on baby Afreen's death - Apr 11, 2012
- Government needs to watch every baby girl: NCPCR - Apr 09, 2012
- Afreen, Falak and fair vaginas - when will it change for India's women (Comment) - Apr 12, 2012
- Save girl child, say Kajol, Sushmita - Apr 12, 2012
- Father kills infant daughter with nicotine - Apr 10, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, next 48 hours till Thursday crucial (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Baby Falak undergoes brain surgery, still critical (Second Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: brain haemorrhage, central business district, convulsions, doctors, farook, karnataka government, medical superintendent, month old baby, old baby girl, old wife, reshma, umar, vani, ventilator, vilas