Bastar to get central tribal varsityJuly 15th, 2012 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 15 (IANS) The Chhattisgarh Scheduled Tribes Advisory Council, a powerful statutory body looking after developmental aspects in tribal areas, has given the green signal for setting up a central tribal university in the Bastar area.
“To realise Bastar’s dream to have its own tribal university, the state government will provide 100 acres of land besides other logistical assistance,” Chief Minister Raman Singh, who chairs the committee, told IANS Sunday.
According to Singh, besides giving focussed attention to providing higher quality education to youths in the Bastar area, the central varsity will also facilitate research and development of tribal culture and dialects.
The proposal will soon be sent to the central government through the Chhattisgarh governor.
- Chhattisgarh BJP wooing tribals in violence-hit Bastar - Jun 10, 2012
- Funds no problem for Maoist-hit areas: Jairam Ramesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to press for rail network in tribal areas - Feb 06, 2012
- Steps taken to combat Maoists yielding results: Pillai (Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- Chhattisgarh on alert against Maoist strike - Aug 14, 2011
- By-poll ahead, but no one's campaigning in Bastar interiors - May 03, 2011
- Committed to restoring peace in Bastar: Raman Singh - May 05, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to speed up electrification in Maoist areas - Mar 02, 2012
- Chidambaram condemns companies for paying Maoists - Nov 15, 2011
- Chhattisgarh seeks waiver on anti-Maoist forces expenditure - Jan 19, 2011
- Chhattisgarh to absorb SPOs in police - Jul 22, 2011
- Congress struggles to pick candidate for Bastar - Apr 07, 2011
- Agnivesh attacked by protesters, two officials transferred - Mar 27, 2011
- Anti-railway protest halts iron ore shipments (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Arrange full education for Chhattisgarh's tribal students: President - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: advisory council, central government, chief minister, developmental aspects, dialects, logistical assistance, proposal, quality education, raman singh, research and development, state government, statutory body, tribal areas, tribal culture, tribes, varsity