BAS official, wife brutally killed in Patna residenceJuly 2nd, 2008 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 2 (IANS) The Patna Municipal Corporation secretary and his wife were found brutally murdered in their residence in the state capital Wednesday morning, the police said. Manzar Alam, the 50-year-old Bihar Administrative Service officer, and his wife were murdered in their Haroon Nagar sector 2 residence in the wee hours of Wednesday, the police said. A day earlier, a neurosurgeon was found dead in house in the state capital’s suburb Danapur.
The police suspect it was a case of murder for theft as some valuables were missing from Alams’ house, said Amit Kumar, Patna senior superintendent of police. “Police have lodged a case and started probe into it,” he said.
Police officials of Phulwarisharief police station said the criminals used iron-rod to kill Manzar Alam and his wife. The robbers smashed the head of both the victims with iron rods.
The bodies of the Alams were found by their daughter early in the morning. Haroon Nagar is a Muslim majority locality in Patna.
Ajay Kumar Sinha, a neuro-surgeon, was found dead at his residence in Danapur Tuesday morning. Police suspect that he was killed by his domestic help, who was arrested Wednesday.
- Man kills wife over infidelity - Nov 10, 2011
- Trader found murdered in east Delhi, his Rs.6 lakh missing - Jan 13, 2011
- Mother arrested for honour killing in Patna - Apr 22, 2012
- Violence during Ranvir Sena chief's funeral (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Six people found dead in Patna suburb - Jul 07, 2008
- Close aide of legislator arrested in Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 06, 2012
- Panchayat poll candidate raped, murdered - May 21, 2011
- Elderly woman found killed in Delhi - May 04, 2012
- Seven arrested for Patna double murder - Jul 14, 2008
- Man arrested for murder after 18 years - Oct 30, 2011
- Missing sand trader's body found near Patna - Feb 06, 2011
- Class 11 student found dead in Lucknow sports college - Aug 04, 2010
- Mumbai blasts: Gujarat Police on Ranchi resident's trail - Sep 04, 2011
- Man held for wife's murder - May 19, 2011
- Man kills mother, brother for money - Jun 29, 2012