Bar on night train journeys in Maoist areas extendedJanuary 7th, 2011 - 1:08 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 6 (IANS) The restrictions on movement of passenger trains during night in Maoist-affected areas of West Bengal, Orissa and Jharkhand will continue till Jan 13, the South Eastern Railway said here Thursday.”In view of security reasons, running of passenger trains on Kharagpur-Adra, Chakradharpur-Rourkela and Kharagpur-Tata section will continue to remain suspended up to Jan 6 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m,” a railways release said.
Accordingly, some train services have been diverted, re-scheduled and regulated, it said.
The railways have been restricting the movement of trains following the May 28 Gyaneshwari Express sabotage in West Bengal’s West Midnapore district in which 148 people were killed.
- No night move for trains in Maoist-hit areas till Jan 6 - Dec 30, 2010
- Curbs on night trains in Maoist areas extended - Jun 16, 2011
- Ban on night trains in Maoist areas continues - Jul 07, 2011
- Ban on night trains in Maoist areas extended - Feb 17, 2011
- Ban on night trains in Maoist areas extended - Mar 17, 2011
- Ban on night trains in Maoist-hit areas till March 31 - Mar 24, 2011
- Night trains restricted in Maoist-hit areas till May 26 - May 19, 2011
- No night trains in Maoist areas till March 10 - Mar 03, 2011
- Curbs on night trains in Orissa, Bengal extended - Oct 05, 2010
- Mamata offers bait to states for safe train movement - Feb 25, 2011
- Night passenger trains suspended - Jul 04, 2010
- Curbs on night trains in Orissa, West Bengal areas extended - Sep 21, 2010
- No night movement of trains in Maoist-hit areas till Friday - Aug 03, 2010
- Blast disrupts train services in Orissa - Jan 09, 2011
- No night trains in Maoist-affected areas till Aug 11 - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: adra, jharkhand, maoist, midnapore district, night train, orissa, passenger trains, railways, rourkela, sabotage, security reasons, south eastern railway, tata, train journeys, train services, west bengal