Bar council to upload budding lawyers’ exam resultsMarch 14th, 2011 - 10:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 14 (IANS) The Bar Council of India (BCI) Monday told the Delhi High Court that it will place on its website the statement of marks for candidates who appeared in the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) held March 6.
The examination tests the skills and basic knowledge of those aspiring to practice law.
Justice S. Muralidhar was hearing a petition filed by Anoop Prakash Awasthi, who pleaded for uploading the exam result on the BCI website.
“The BCI has decided to place on its website the statement of marks in respect of the candidates who sat for the AIBE on March 6,” said the bar council.
Any law student graduating in academic year 2009-10 or later is required to appear in the AIBE (after enrolment as an advocate) in order to practice law.
This is the first time that a qualification examination for practicing law in India has been put in place and successfully conducted.
More than 22,000 law graduates had enrolled for the AIBE held March 6 across 27 cities and 44 different test venues.
- Bar Council to hold mandatory test for budding lawyers - Oct 15, 2010
- All India Bar Examination mandatory for law graduates to practice in India - Oct 15, 2010
- Conditional practicing licence for Gujarat law graduates - Nov 29, 2010
- Court queries Gujarat bar council on test for budding lawyers - Jun 17, 2010
- Budding lawyers need to pass test: BCI (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Gujarat law graduates challenge bar council decision - Jun 15, 2010
- Now, pass test to practise in courts: BCI - Jun 02, 2010
- Bill that will allow foreign law firms through back door (Comment) - Aug 18, 2011
- Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council's call - Jul 11, 2012
- Maharashtra, Goa lawyers on strike - Jul 11, 2012
- Delhi High Court lawyers join strike - Jul 12, 2012
- Check misuse of sex determination law: court - Jul 06, 2010
- Engineering aspirants' details uploaded - Mar 08, 2011
- Lawyers strike hits court work on day two - Jul 12, 2012
- Lawyers' strike cripples judicial work in northeast - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: academic year, advocate, awasthi, bar council of india, bar examination, basic knowledge, bci, delhi high court, exam result, exam results, examination tests, law graduates, law justice, lawyers, New Delhi, petition, qualification examination, statement of marks, test venues