Bank official kidnapped in Madhya PradeshSeptember 16th, 2008 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Sep 16 (IANS) An official of the State Bank of India (SBI) posted in Madhya Pradesh’s Datia district has been kidnapped by suspected dacoits, police said Tuesday. “Shyam Bihari Gupta, posted as deputy manager in Bhander branch of the bank, was kidnapped at around 7 p.m. Monday when he was returning home from the bank,” Datia Police Superintendant Manohar Singh told IANS over the telephone.
“We suspect dacoits - Komal Katare and Jabbar Singh - have kidnapped the bank official. Both have been involved in a number of kidnappings in the past and carry rewards of Rs.10,000 and Rs.25,000 on their heads respectively,” the official added.
The police later found Gupta’s motorcycle lying abandoned in a deserted area. A search has been launched in nearby areas, the official said.
“There has been no ransom call so far,” Singh said.
On Sunday, a gang of dacoits had released Satish Upadhyaya, a cloth seller of Agra, who was kidnapped two months ago. They are said to have received Rs.600,000 as ransom, police sources said.
Upadhyaya, a resident of Tajganj locality of Agra, was kidnapped by dacoit Rajendra Gurjar of Rajasthan, who carries a reward of Rs.15,000 on his head. Upadhyaya was reportedly kept captive in the forests of Morena and Dholpur.
- Dreaded Chambal dacoit killed in shootout - Mar 05, 2012
- Dacoit killed in gunbattle in Madhya Pradesh - Nov 03, 2009
- Two Tamil Nadu businessmen held captive near Agra? - Jan 13, 2011
- Kidnapped SBI cashier in Meghalaya still untraced - Jul 02, 2012
- Kidnapped toddler rescued, maid and accomplices arrested (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Maoists abduct official, three workers - Apr 06, 2012
- Gang responsible for several murders busted - Jan 25, 2011
- Chambal dacoit shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 16, 2011
- Dacoits kidnap two people in Madhya Pradesh - May 23, 2008
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Kidnapped Delhi toddler rescued, four arrested (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Sand mafia attacks cops, officials in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 10, 2012
- Bank official abducted from Madhya Pradesh rescued - Sep 29, 2008
- Five-year-old boy kidnapped in Chandigarh (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Two criminals held in Delhi - Sep 23, 2011