Bank official abducted from Madhya Pradesh rescuedSeptember 29th, 2008 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Sep 29 (IANS) An assistant manager of the State Bank of Indore who was kidnapped by robbers in Madhya Pradesh’s Datia district has been rescued, the police said Monday. Shyam Bihari Gupta, posted as deputy manager in Bhander branch of the bank, was kidnapped Sep 15 while he was returning home after work. The police found Gupta’s motorcycle at a deserted place and launched a search.
“The official was rescued Sunday from the forests of Kanjoli along Sindh river where the robbers left him and fled due to intense pressure following combing operation of police,” Superintendant of Police (Datia) Manohar Singh told IANS on phone.
Though police claimed that no ransom was paid to abductors for securing Gupta’s release, media reports quoting the victim’s family members say ransom was given.
After release, Gupta told the police that there were about eight members in the gang.
“Initially three people had kidnapped him and later more joined them in the forest,” Singh added.
- Bank official kidnapped in Madhya Pradesh - Sep 16, 2008
- Nepalese ex-minister charged with kidnapping of businessman - Jan 18, 2012
- Tribal villagers help nab kidnappers in Orissa - Jan 29, 2011
- Police rescue kidnapped father of PM's security officer - Feb 11, 2011
- Gang demands Rs.50 lakh for abducted student - Jul 26, 2012
- Kidnapped girl freed in Bengal, abductor held - May 14, 2012
- Kidnapped Delhi toddler rescued, four arrested (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Kidnapping case: Two senior cops transferred - Jan 05, 2011
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
- Chennai boy's kidnappers nabbed, Rs.1 crore ransom seized - Nov 03, 2010
- Five held for kidnapping, killing two boys - Oct 27, 2010
- Chandigarh NRI abductors planned to kill him - Apr 11, 2012
- Two teenaged sisters held for cousin's abduction - Oct 03, 2010
- Kidnapped SBI cashier in Meghalaya still untraced - Jul 02, 2012
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012