Bank of India hikes deposit ratesAugust 18th, 2008 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 18 (IANS) Leading public sector lender, Bank of India (BoI), announced a hike in its deposit rates from 0.25 to 0.5 percent, effective Wednesday. According to a release issued by the bank late Monday evening, deposits having a maturity from six months to one year will now earn 8 percent.
For one year to 399 days and 400 days, the interest rates have been revised to 9.75 per cent and 10 percent, against the existing 9.5 percent, whereas for 401 days to two-year maturity and 2-3 years it has been revised to 9.75 percent against the earlier 9.5 percent and 9.6 percent.
Similarly, 3-5 year deposits and five years and above deposits will now earn a rate of 9.75 percent as compared to the earlier 9.5 percent.
The bank also said in a statement that the interest rate on floating rate deposit scheme will be 0.25 percent over the term deposit rates applicable for the relevant tenures for maturities of three years and above.
The bank is also offering a 0.5 percent rate for senior citizens, more than the card rates on all deposit schemes six months and above maturity on all deposit schemes.
- SBI cuts fixed deposit rates by up to 1 percent - Sep 05, 2012
- SBI cuts interest rates on term deposits - Aug 02, 2012
- SBI, Allahabad Bank cut interest rates - Apr 23, 2012
- SBI, PNB hike interest rate on NRE term deposits (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- PNB hikes interest rate on fixed deposit by 0.25 percent - Aug 02, 2012
- PNB raises interest rate on NRE term deposits - Dec 27, 2011
- SBI lowers deposit rates by 0.25 percent - Jun 07, 2012
- SBI cuts interest rates on NRE deposits by 0.50 percent - Sep 05, 2012
- SBI reduces educational loan rates by up to 1 percent - Feb 27, 2012
- SBI withdraws 'teaser' home loans, hikes rates - Apr 20, 2011
- Banks lower interest rates taking cues from RBI policy - Apr 19, 2012
- Bank of India raises interest rates on NRE term deposits - Dec 29, 2011
- RBI may cut key lending rates by 25 basis points - Apr 16, 2012
- Union Bank raises interest rates - Dec 18, 2010
- Interest rates on provident fund, post office savings hiked - Nov 11, 2011