Bank manager, 3 others booked for driving man to suicideOctober 18th, 2008 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 18 (IANS) A branch manager with the State Bank of India and three others have been booked for allegedly driving a man to suicide in Uttar Pradesh, the police said Saturday.”Adopting fraudulent means, the bank manager in Kaushambhi district sanctioned a loan of Rs.50,000 in the name of Chhotelal, who had not applied for it. In the fraud, the branch manager connived with three relatives of the deceased,” police inspector D.P. Tiwari told IANS.
When Chhotelal, a farmer, came to know about the fraud, he was mentally disturbed, the police said.
“Even as he registered several complaints with the branch manager, the latter did not pay any heed towards them,” Tiwari added.
Finally, Chhotelal, a resident of the Dhakvapur village in Kaushambhi, killed himself Thursday, the police said.
Kaushambhi is over 230 km from Lucknow.
“In a suicide note recovered from Chhotelal’s home, he has blamed the bank manager and the three relatives for his death,” said Tiwari.
“On the completion of the inquiry, we will arrest all those responsible for the incident,” he said.
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - May 28, 2011
- 'Bollywood inspired' student held for forgery - Mar 06, 2011
- Six get life in jail for double murder - Sep 28, 2011
- Three held with 10,500 detonators - Jun 16, 2011
- NRHM scam: CBI registers cases against two officials - Aug 04, 2011
- Communal clash leaves one dead, 10 injured - Aug 31, 2011
- Man lynched in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 03, 2011
- Several parties involved in Citibank fraud, says Aggarwal - Jan 05, 2011
- Citibank manager who duped investors of Rs.100 crore untraced - Dec 29, 2010
- China solves 5,600 bank card fraud cases - May 30, 2011
- Delhi Metro registers fraud case with police - May 09, 2012
- Bank manager commits suicide in Punjab court - May 27, 2011
- Three held for fraud using fake cheques - Dec 28, 2011
- Ex-Air India official charged with cheating - Jul 29, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Manager surrenders in Gurgaon - Dec 30, 2010