Bangladeshi held for killing senior citizenNovember 17th, 2011 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 16 (IANS) A Bangladeshi migrant, who along with his brother-in-law and a friend killed his former elderly landlady believing she had lots of money but found only Rs.3,000 and a silver chain, has been arrested, police said Wednesday.
Five months after the murder at Hauz Qazi in central Delhi, the Delhi Police arrested Mohammad Anwar Tuesday from a hotel in Hauz Qazi on a tip-off.
Anwar along with his brother-in-law Mohammad Shokat and Babul had murdered Shaukat Begum in March.
Anwar, who had migrated to India 10 years ago, told police he worked as a rag picker before he came in contact with Babul.
Babul has a criminal background and is wanted by Rajasthan and Uttarakhand police in several robbery cases.
Anwar told police that all three were tenants to Shaukat Begum at her house at Lal Kuan in Hauz Qazi.
She got her room vacated by them.
They thought she must be having a huge amount of wealth as she lived alone in her big house.
They hatched a plan to eliminate her and acquire her wealth.
On March 15, they entered Shaukat Begum’s house and strangled her with a wire.
After killing her, they ransacked the house but did not find any hidden wealth except Rs.3,000, a silver chain and some bond papers.
Police are searching for Shokat and Babul.
- 60-year-old woman found strangled - Mar 16, 2011
- Elderly landlady murdered for property, three held - Apr 14, 2011
- Brothers found strangled, tenant absconding - Aug 30, 2011
- Man holds wife, in-laws hostage for not paying dowry - May 07, 2012
- Missing Pakistani found buried in kitchen - May 12, 2012
- Murder of lawyer's mother: Construction workers quizzed - Mar 10, 2011
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Man held for killing lover - Oct 18, 2011
- Pakistani woman shot dead for spurning fiance - Dec 22, 2011
- Three held for murder of Amrita Pritam's son - Sep 20, 2012
- Teen kills aunt, two others to avenge grudge - Apr 23, 2012
- MBA student set ablaze by spurned 'lover' - Apr 05, 2012
- Minor boy kidnapped, sold for Rs.10,000 - Jul 16, 2011
- Man kills wife for selling taxi - Aug 28, 2012
- Family kills pregnant Pakistani woman in Britain - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: anwar, babul, begum, big house, bond papers, central delhi, criminal background, delhi police, hidden wealth, lal, landlady, lots of money, mohammad, qazi, rag picker, rajasthan, robbery cases, senior citizen, shokat, silver chain