Bangladeshi film to have world premiere at Indian film festNovember 19th, 2008 - 1:27 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, Nov 19 (IANS) Bangladeshi filmmaker Abu Sayeed’s latest work “Rupantor” will have a world premiere at the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), beginning in Goa capital Panaji on Nov 22, where it will also be pitted against 14 other films in the competitive section. Besides the global premiere of “Rupantor”, the IFFI will mark Sayeed’s return to the event after his successful debut at the competition in 2006.
His “Nirontor” had won a special jury award that year, The Daily Star newspaper said.
“Rupantor” has shifted from the competitive section to World Cinema category at the Kerala International Film Festival to be held in Thiruvananthapuram next month. “Nirontor” had won the best feature film award in Kerala two years ago.
Among other films in the competitive section of IFFI are “My Mother’s Tears” (a joint production of Argentina and Germany), “The Shaft” (China), “The Red Spot” (a joint German-Japanese production), “Pencil” (Malaysia), “Plonning” (The Philippines), “Akasa Kusum” (Sri Lanka) and “Mahasatta” and “Kanchivaram” (both from India), according to an official announcement made Saturday evening.
The ten-day festival will be inaugurated by Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Anand Sharma.
- Spanish documentary wins Golden Lamp at IFFI - Nov 30, 2010
- Kerala director to spend IFFI prize money on Oscar promotion - Dec 03, 2011
- Kazakh film wins Golden Peacock at India film festival - Dec 02, 2008
- Child poverty film wins short film award at IFFI - Dec 01, 2011
- IFFI 2010 begins from Nov. 22 at Panaji - Nov 19, 2010
- IIFI 2011: Malayalam films dominate Indian panorama - Oct 18, 2011
- Liquor baron to give away short film awards at IFFI - Nov 29, 2010
- Expert Committee calls for upgrading IFFI to International Standards - Aug 25, 2010
- IFFI bigger, richer this year: Organisers - Nov 21, 2010
- A rural ascetic brings India riches at IFFI - Dec 02, 2010
- 'Hollywood can't afford animation films for kids only' - Nov 28, 2011
- Regional cinema should get prime slots at IFFI: Kannada filmmaker - Nov 30, 2011
- Shoe-string, pocket-money budget films get toehold at IFFI - Nov 18, 2010
- Improve competition section, suggests panel on IFFI - Aug 25, 2010
- 'Nouka Dubi' to premiere at IFFI - Nov 15, 2010