Bangladesh will tour Pakistan: ICCApril 15th, 2012 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, April 15 (IANS) The International Cricket Council (ICC) said Sunday that Bangladesh has agreed to tour Pakistan for a One-day International and one Twenty20 international at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
Bangladesh will be the first international team to tour Pakistan since it became a no-go zone following the attack by unknown gunmen on the Sri Lankan team in Lahore in 2009.
The ICC said that having due regard to its duty of care to match officials and other ICC staff, requested that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to immediately provide a comprehensive security plan for consideration.
The ICC’s Anti Corruption and Security Unit will now commission a local risk assessment agency to determine whether its officials and staff are appropriately protected by the proposed security plan, before any further decision is taken in relation to their appointment.
The ODI is scheduled for April 29 while the Twenty20 will be played one day later at the same venue.
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Mustafa Kamal said: “The public of Pakistan have been deprived of cricket and we felt that we needed to support them. The reception we received when we toured Lahore and Karachi on our security visit was overwhelming.”
Zaka Ashraf, the PCB chairman, said: “I want to thank the BCB and the Bangladesh Government for their support for this tour.”
Ashraf and Kamal attended the ICC Executive Board meeting here, Sunday.
- Dhaka High Court postpones Bangladesh's cricket tour to Pakistan - Apr 19, 2012
- Pakistan is safe place for cricket: PCB chairman - Apr 19, 2012
- Pakistan hopes to lure cricket teams with foolproof security - Dec 10, 2011
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
- Ashraf confident Pakistan will host visitors in 2012 - Nov 29, 2011
- Pakistan out of sight, Bangladesh look to South Africa - Apr 23, 2012
- PCB still hopeful about Bangladesh series - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan likely to host Bangladesh full series next year - Dec 15, 2010
- Pakistan sore at Bangladesh canceling cricket tour - Apr 20, 2012
- Pakistan disappointed over Bangladesh's appeal against Asia Cup result - Mar 26, 2012
- Repairing country's cricket image new PCB chief's top priority - Oct 13, 2011
- ICC may allow local match officials in Pakistan - Mar 07, 2012
- Zardari appoints close friend as PCB chief,Butt shown the door - Oct 12, 2011
- Bangladesh won't tour Pak before 2012 due to "tight schedule": BCB President - Dec 24, 2010
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: bangladesh cricket board, bangladesh government, bcb, comprehensive security, due regard, duty of care, gaddafi stadium, gunmen, international cricket council, lahore, mustafa kamal, odi, pakistan cricket board, proposed security, risk assessment, security plan, security unit, sri lankan team, twenty20, zaka