Bangladesh road accident kills 21July 7th, 2008 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, July 7 (Xinhua) At least 21 people were killed and 25 injured Monday when a passenger bus collided with another vehicle in Bangladesh’s eastern district of Comilla. The accident took place on the highway connecting the Bangladeshi capital and southeastern port city Chittagong, some 96 km southeast of Dhaka.
The police chief of Comilla district, Imtiaz Ahmed, told Xinhua over telephone that a Dhaka-bound bus from southeastern Feni district collided with another bus from the opposite direction and fell into a ditch Monday.
At least 21 people from both the buses were killed and 25 injured. Eighteen people died on the spot, while three succumbed to their injuries at a hospital, he said.
The toll could increase, as the condition of several injured people were critical, hospital authorities said, Ahmed said.
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- 14 killed in Bangladesh bus accident - Aug 14, 2009
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- Three kids dead, 15 hurt in Russia accident - May 14, 2012
- Tour bus accident in northeastern China kills 4 - Aug 15, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- 26 school kids killed in Bangladesh accident - Jul 11, 2011
- 26 die as boat sinks in Bangladesh (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Train crash kills at least 19, injures hundreds in central Bangladesh - Dec 08, 2010
- 21 dead in China road accidents - Jan 12, 2011
- Four killed, 29 injured in Jharkhand accidents - Dec 07, 2010
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- Four dead, 220 missing as boat sinks in Bangladesh - Mar 13, 2012
- 11 Bangladesh's opposition party activists killed in accident - Apr 18, 2010