Bangladesh Air Force chief arrivesApril 23rd, 2009 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) Bangladesh Air Force chief Air Marshal S.M. Ziaur Rehman arrived here Thursday on a five-day official visit to India.
Rehman is here at the invitation of his Indian Air Force counterpart, Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major.
“The Bangladesh air chief will call on top brass of the armed forces and senior defence ministry officials,” an IAF officer said.
Rehman will meet Defence Minister A.K. Antony, Defence Secretary Vijay Singh and the chiefs of the army, navy and air force.
Rehman had fought with the Mukti Bahini in the Dhaka area during the Bangladesh liberation war of 1971. Commissioned on Dec 29, 1976, he is an acclaimed fighter pilot of the Bangladesh Air Force.
- Indian Air Force chief begins Bangladesh trip - Mar 18, 2012
- Bangladesh thanks India for supporting 'just' war - Dec 16, 2011
- BNP protests court indictment of Ziaur Rahman - Mar 24, 2011
- PM to address military commanders on security matters - Oct 07, 2011
- 25 Bangladeshi's to attend 40th anniversary celebrations of '71 war - Dec 07, 2011
- Bangladesh to felicitate Indian defence officers - Mar 26, 2012
- Bangladeshi artists tell liberation war story in India - Dec 06, 2011
- Air Chief Marshal Naik to meet Bangladesh Prime Minister on Wednesday - Jan 19, 2010
- Indian, Bangladeshi war heroes celebrate victory day - Dec 16, 2011
- Singapore defence chief in India to expand ties - Nov 08, 2011
- Bangladesh war hero who served three armies dead - May 07, 2011
- Indian Air Force ramps up chopper fleet - Feb 17, 2012
- '1971 war not aptly projected in Bangladesh' - Nov 12, 2011
- India thanks Bangladesh for honouring 1971 heroes - Apr 04, 2012
- Air Chief for primacy to operations given prevailing security situation - Apr 25, 2011