Bangaru Laxman: A chronology of corruption caseApril 27th, 2012 - 7:19 pm ICT by IANS
The following is a timeline of the case against Bangaru Laxman, who was booked Friday in the Tehelka sting operation.
Dec 23, 2000, to Jan 7, 2001: An undercover journalist of Tehelka, posing as an arms dealer, holds eight meetings with Bangaru Laxman, all part of a sting operation.
Jan 5, 2001: Bangaru Laxman accepts a bribe of Rs.1 lakh from the fake arms dealer.
March 13, 2001: Tehelka releases the CD of the sting operation, “Operation Westend”.
July 18, 2006: CBI files charge sheet against Bangaru Laxman.
May 2, 2011: Charges framed against Bangaru Laxman.
July 18, 2011: Cross-examination of witnesses begins in the case.
April 2, 2012: A Delhi court reserves order.
April 27, 2012: Delhi court convicts Bangaru Laxman and sends him to jail.
- Court decision in Bangaru Laxman graft case Friday - Apr 26, 2012
- Court decision April 27 on Bangaru Laxman graft case - Apr 22, 2012
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for bribery, sentencing Saturday (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for taking bribe (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for bribery, sentencing Saturday (Third Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Bangaru's conviction a vindication for Tehelka: Editor - Apr 27, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman convicted for taking bribe - Apr 27, 2012
- Time for BJP to introspect: Congress on Bangaru conviction - Apr 27, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman sentenced to four years' jail (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman gets four years' jail for bribery (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman withdraws plea for quashing criminal case - Oct 20, 2011
- Bangaru Laxman appeals against jail term - May 09, 2012
- Tainted Bangaru quits BJP executive - Apr 30, 2012
- CBI issued notice on Bangaru Laxman's appeal - May 11, 2012
- BJP distances itself from Bangaru, Congress welcomes verdict (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012