Bangalore, Pune blasts accused murdered in jail (Lead)June 8th, 2012 - 5:19 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, June 8 (IANS) Suspected Indian Mujahiddeen operative Qateel Mohammed Jaffer Siddiqui, named in the German Bakery blast here and the Bangalore terror attacks, was Friday found murdered inside his cell in Pune’s Yerawada Central Jail, police said.
Siddiqui was found strangled with a thin rope inside his cell in the high-security jail, a police official told IANS.
Preliminary investigation point to a gang war among members of rival mafia gangs in the prison which could have led to Siddiqui’s killing.
Siddiqui had been caught by Delhi Police in November 2011.
He was arrested for involvement in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bangalore besides an aborted bid to blow up the Shrimant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganesh Temple in Pune last year.
Following the incident, security has been beefed up in several jails including Mumbai’s Arthur Road Central Jail where Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab is lodged.
- Bangalore, Pune blasts accused murdered in jail (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Murdered IM operative's lawyer to seek CBI probe - Jun 08, 2012
- Murdered IM operative's family demands CBI probe - Jun 09, 2012
- Bangalore blast accused killed in jail - Jun 08, 2012
- Maharashtra cops questioned on terror suspect's remand (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Maharashtra cops explain terror suspect's absence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Compensate slain terror suspect's family, demands Samajwadi Party - Jun 11, 2012
- Ammonium nitrate used in Pune blasts: Patil (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Maharashtra cops questioned on terror suspect's remand - Jun 21, 2012
- Maharashtra cops explain terror suspect's absence - Jul 03, 2012
- Six Indian Mujahideen suspects held for terror attacks - Nov 30, 2011
- Rs.15 lakh reward for clues about IM mastermind - Dec 01, 2011
- Jundal wants his confession to be recorded - Aug 10, 2012
- Abu Salem attacked in jail by Dawood henchman - Jul 24, 2010
- One injured in Mumbai jail gang-war - Sep 25, 2010
Tags: ajmal, amir, arthur road, bakery, blasts, central jail, delhi police, ganesh temple, gang war, gangs, high security, jaffer, jails, kasab, mohammed, police official, preliminary investigation, security jail, terror attacks, thin rope