Ball removed from dolphin’s stomachJanuary 21st, 2012 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 21 (IANS) Doctors in China have removed a toy volleyball from the stomach of a dolphin after sedating it.
Doctors took out the ball from five-year-old Jiang Bo in Nanjing in east China after a long-armed basketball player who volunteered to help failed to reach it, Shanghai Daily reported Saturday.
The procedure had been expected to consume just 30 minutes but lasted three hours. The dolphin, brought from Japan to Nanjing Underwater World, swallowed the ball Wednesday.
The dolphin “will require long-term recovery treatment. We’ll give him post-operation care and adjust his diet”, a doctor was quoted as saying. It has returned to the aquarium.
- Dolphin activists oppose Sea World project in Maharashtra - Feb 29, 2012
- Dog wins America's Wackiest X-ray contest - Oct 28, 2011
- India's first oceanarium to come up in Greater Noida - May 05, 2012
- Drought threatens rare dolphin breed in China - May 27, 2011
- Will swallowed gum stay in your stomach? - Jan 26, 2012
- China plays down expectations for dominance at Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- CPSC to recall 1.2 million toys distributed with Chuck E. Cheese - Sep 16, 2010
- 18-month-old girl in China excretes nails - Jun 11, 2010
- Children's performance linked to sound sleep - Jul 02, 2012
- Dolphins can learn new language even while asleep - Jan 25, 2012
- One-fifth of Shanghai youth are overweight - May 21, 2012
- Chuck E Cheese Recalls Over a Million Toys - Sep 16, 2010
- 23 cm-long worm taken out of woman's brain - Jul 06, 2011
- Underwater programme may help humans talk to dolphins - May 11, 2011
- Now, a hi-tech pill that will text you when it's time to take another dose - Aug 14, 2010