‘Bajrang Dal leader falsely linked to headless corpse’February 5th, 2011 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Feb 5 (IANS) Hindu organisations in Goa Saturday claimed that the police were victimising a regional Bajrang Dal leader by falsely linking him to investigations into the recovery of a headless corpse in the state last month. Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Bajrang Dal officials said at a press conference that the arrest of Bajrang Dal’s south Goa district official Jayesh Naik was motivated.
“This is a police conspiracy to malign Jayesh’s image because he was protesting against an illegal mosque in Margao,” VHP’s Konkan region spokesperson Deepak Gaikwad said.
“The police are trying to make a criminal out of him by linking him to a murder case,” he added.
Jayesh is presently in police custody, along with two other siblings, in connection with the murder of Sultan Bellary, whose headless body was found at Nessai in south Goa located 40 km from here.
Police told a trial court in Margao, 35 km from Panaji, that Jayesh along with his brothers Govind and Rajesh was involved in the murder.
Police said the trio had conspired to kill Sultan, a known thief who had broken into a store owned by the Naik family.
They also told the court that Jayesh had identified Sultan on CCTV footage captured when he was stealing goods after a break-in and that he was later killed on Jayesh’s instructions.
“Jayesh is being framed in this case. The police are only trying to harass Hindu activists by linking them to heinous crimes,” Gaikwad said.
- Foreigner couple freed after being locked in Goa store - Apr 28, 2012
- Bomb hoax delays Delhi-bound Rajdhani in Goa (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Goa serial killer sentenced to life - Jun 10, 2011
- Goa right-wing groups attack editor for talk show comments - Jan 28, 2011
- Humble kokum is highlight of Konkan fruit fest - May 11, 2012
- Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express halted on bomb scare - Jun 20, 2012
- Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express halted on bomb scare (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Our blast probe better than that of federal agency: Goa cops - Jan 19, 2011
- Advani to take up Goa mining scam in roadshow - Oct 19, 2011
- Togadia to visit Goa Monday - Oct 25, 2009
- Goa cop accuses CBI official of assault - Sep 21, 2011
- BJP raps government on Amarnath Yatra decision - May 16, 2012
- Goa serial killer acquitted in fifth murder case - Nov 13, 2010
- Minister's wife probed for links with Hindu group - Oct 19, 2009
- Goa blast - another Sanatan Sanstha member succumbs to injuries - Oct 20, 2009
Tags: bajrang dal, bellary, goa district, govind, headless body, headless corpse, heinous crimes, hindu activists, hindu organisations, jayesh, konkan, margao, murder case, naik, police custody, rajesh, s south, south goa, vhp, vishwa hindu parishad