Bajrang Dal is a terror group, ban likely: MinisterOctober 7th, 2008 - 1:42 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Oct 7 (IANS) The Bajrang Dal is a terrorist outfit and the central government will not hesitate to ban it like it outlawed the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), says Union Minister of State for Home Shakeel Ahmad. “There is little doubt that the Bajrang Dal is a terrorist outfit involved in creating terror. The central government may ban it as it has banned SIMI,” Ahmad told IANS over telephone from his Bihar constituency Madhubani.
“The centre will ban Bajrang Dal if four to five state governments send reports making it clear that Bajrang Dal activities led to terror.”
He said there was enough evidence to suggest that the activities of the radical Hindu group were leading to terror and that the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government would not hestitate to ban it.
“If the activities of any outfit create terror, it is regarded as a terrorist outfit,” the minister, who is also spokesperson of the Congress, added.
The spotlight is back on the Bajrang Dal after a spate of violence targeting Christians and churches in the country, particularly Orissa and Karnataka.
- Bajrang Dal slams Rahul for equating RSS with SIMI - Oct 06, 2010
- Ban on Bajrang Dal likely, says minister; BSP supports (Lead) - Oct 07, 2008
- Garo rebel group GNLA declared terrorist outfit - Feb 01, 2012
- Tribunal upholds ban on SIMI - Aug 01, 2012
- Sonia, Rahul dividing India, says RSS leader - Nov 08, 2010
- Indian Mujahideen targeting Darbhanga for recruits? - Apr 03, 2012
- HC tribunal upholds ban on SIMI (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Rahul's remarks leave BJP, RSS fuming (Roundup) - Oct 06, 2010
- Centre unlikely to accede to Garoland, says G.K. Pillai - Feb 14, 2012
- Apex court notice to government on SIMI ban (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Meghalaya's views sought to declare GNLA outlawed - Nov 01, 2011
- No breakthrough after meeting on NCTC anti-terror hub - Mar 12, 2012
- Two Madhya Pradesh officials fired for releasing SIMI members (Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- Moily for CBI probe into Karnataka church attacks - Jan 29, 2011
- Kerala fomenting designs of radical communal groups: BJP - Aug 12, 2012