Bajrang Dal involved in Nanded blasts: PatilApril 30th, 2008 - 5:35 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) The clear intent behind the Tenkasi blasts Jan 24 this year was to instigate clashes between Hindus and Muslims, Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil said here Wednesday. Recounting details of the incident outside the office of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) along with another one near the city bus stand, the minister said it was alleged that the bomb victim Kumar Pradhan was killed by some Muslims.
“His brother Ravi and his friends got into a conspiracy and one pipe bomb was put in front of the RSS office and one exploded in a bus. The intent was that clashes take place between Hindus and Muslims,” Patil told the Rajya Sabha.
Patil was replying to a question from Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) member Brinda Karat about Tenkasi bomb blasts in Tamil Nadu and the alleged involvement of Hindu Munani men in those “terrorist acts” and its implication on national security.
She also sought to know from the home minister whether similar blasts had also taken place in Nanded and parcel bombs in Maharashtra.
Patil said the Maharashtra police had found “some people from the Bajrang Dal involved in the Nanded blasts”.
He told the house that “when objections were raised about the impartiality of the Maharashtra police, the investigations (in this case) were handed over to the anti-terrorist squad. When objections were raised on this, too, the case was handed over to the CBI. Results of all the investigations were the same”.
Amid repeated protests from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) benches, he said all these blasts showed that definitely a move is afoot to create bad blood between sections of society. “But I can say that we cannot blame only one section because several elements are involved.”
- Tenkasi blasts sought to ignite communal clashes: Patil (Lead) - Apr 30, 2008
- Digvijay likens RSS to Nazis, blames Advani for terror (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Aseemanand confesses to his involvement in Samjhauta, Ajmer blasts - Jan 07, 2011
- Congress launches frontal attack on 'insidious' RSS, BJP (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Release Muslim youths held for Malegaon blast, say scholars - Jan 10, 2011
- Seven injured in clash of Congress, RSS workers in Ranchi - Nov 16, 2010
- Digvijay rejects charge of communalising terror - Jul 24, 2011
- Seven hurt in Congress, RSS workers' clash in Ranchi (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Blasts involving RSS, Bajrang Dal should be probed: CPI-M - Oct 30, 2008
- Deal firmly with Hindutva terror, says CPI-M - May 13, 2010
- Sonia, Rahul dividing India, says RSS leader - Nov 08, 2010
- Digvijay Singh seeks apology from media, critics after producing Karkare phone call records - Jan 04, 2011
- Bomb for bomb - Aseemanand confesses bombings to target Muslims (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
- Ammonium nitrate used in Pune blasts: Patil (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen: poison fruit of saffron politics, jehadi mindset (Comment) - Dec 11, 2010