Bajaj family dispute comes to an endJanuary 1st, 2009 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 1 (IANS) The six-year-old Bajaj family dispute over the division of group companies and assets came to an end Thursday with brothers Rahul Bajaj and Shishir Bajaj withdrawing their petitions from the Company Law Board (CLB).The Bajaj family feud first hit headlines in 2002, when Shishir Bajaj accused his elder brother of trying to oust him from the chairmanship of Bajaj Sevashram, one of the group holding companies.
Shishir Bajaj approached the Company Law Board, seeking redressal in March 2003. The board had then suggested that the two sides should reach an amicable solution.
On Dec 22, the Shishir Bajaj-owned Bajaj Hindustan said in a statement filed with the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) that Rahul Bajaj would acquire a little more than 29 percent stake from other promoters at market prices Dec 30 and transfer his stake to Shishir Bajaj.
On Wednesday, Rahul Bajaj bought 29 percent stake in Bajaj Hindustan for Rs.2.65 billion (Rs.265.6 crore) through open market transactions as part of steps to the settlement.
A joint statement released by Bajaj brothers - Rahul, Shekhar, Madhur and Niraj - Thursday said the group shareholding in “Bajaj Hindustan Ltd and Bajaj Consumer Care is now with the Shishir Bajaj Group (SKB)”.
“The promoter shareholding of all other companies in the Bajaj Group, including that held by the SKB Group, is now with the four brothers of the Bajaj Group,” it added.
- Telenor-Unitech case referred to international arbitration - Apr 12, 2012
- Telenor, Unitech move Company Law Board to protect interests (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Birla Corporation completes adjourned AGM - Jun 29, 2010
- Court seeks Unitech Wireless reply on Telenor plea - Jun 20, 2012
- Court modifies CLB order on Unitech auction - Aug 06, 2012
- HPL's revival only after resolving shareholding dispute: Godrej - Nov 15, 2011
- Uninor moves Delhi High Court against CLB order - Aug 14, 2012
- Company Law Board suggests mediation to Telenor, Unitech - Mar 01, 2012
- Company Law Board restricts Uninor from auctioning assets - Aug 09, 2012
- Bengal to seek legal opinion on Haldia verdict - Oct 29, 2011
- Vedanta merges units to create India's largest resources firm (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Siddharth Varadarajan appointed editor of The Hindu - Jul 20, 2011
- Company Law Board stays Uninor's proposed asset auction - Aug 03, 2012
- Kinetic Engineering and Kinetic Motor to merge - Dec 09, 2011
- Company Law Board to hear dispute on The Hindu newspaper chief - Jul 18, 2011