Bajaj Auto two-wheeler sales down 33 percentJanuary 1st, 2009 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 1 (IANS) Bajaj Auto Ltd Thursday reported 33 percent dip in its last month’s two-wheeler sales. The company sold 119,215 two-wheelers in December 2008 as against 177,249 units a year earlier, said an official statement.
Bajaj’s motorcycle sales also slumped 33 percent last month to 118,510 units from 176,441 units in December 2007, it added.
However, the three-wheeler sales during the month grew 3 percent to 22,948 units from 22,221 units a year earlier.
The sharp reduction in two-wheeler primary sales reflects the continuing effort to reduce dealer inventories, Bajaj Auto managing director Rajiv Bajaj said.
“In keeping with its objective to stimulate demand through a major product offensive, Bajaj will, in January 2009, launch an all new motorcycle,” he added.
In the April-December period last year, the total motorcycle sales were down 8 percent at 1,534,149 units, compared to 1,660,182 units in the corresponding period previous year.
However, the company’s scrip did pretty well Thursday, closing 18.55 percent higher at Rs.409.75 over its previous close.
- Bajaj Auto's October sales up 7 percent - Nov 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's December sales growth slows - Jan 02, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 42 percent sales growth in Dec 2010 - Jan 01, 2011
- Bajaj Auto sales up 34 percent in 2010-11 - Apr 04, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's April sales up four percent - May 02, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q1 sales up 14 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto sales jump 22 percent in February - Mar 02, 2011
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Domestic automobile sales zoom 30.92 percent in 2010 - Jan 11, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's third quarter profit jumps 40 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- Two-wheeler majors log lower sales - Jan 02, 2009
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012