Bajaj Auto motorcycle sales rise 5 percent in AugSeptember 1st, 2008 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) The country’s second largest two-wheeler manufacturer, Bajaj Auto Ltd, Monday said it has registered a five percent hike in motorcycle sales in August despite rising input costs and soaring inflation.The company’s sales in August stood at 175,274 units, compared to 167,483 units in the corresponding month last year, an official statement said.
Total two-wheeler sales during the month was up four percent at 176,631 units, as against 170,203 units in the corresponding month last year.
The two-wheeler company said its three-wheeler sales during the month stood at 24,324 units as against 25,504 in the corresponding month last year, down five percent.
Exports of two- and three-wheelers during the month went up three percent to 200,955 units, as against 195,707 in the corresponding month last year, it added.
The company said it would start production of electric-start variant of its 125cc bike Platina, in keeping with its focus on the 125cc segment and above.
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 18 percent sales growth in May - Jun 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- TVS Motor sales down in May - Jun 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor sales up 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs negative growth in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Excise duty hike pushes auto sales up in March (Roundup) - Apr 02, 2012
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012