Bailable warrant against Haryana legislator Abhay ChautalaFebruary 15th, 2010 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) A city court Monday issued a bailable warrant against Haryana legislator Abhay Singh Chautala for failing to appear before it in a grafts case.
Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge P.S. Teji directed Chautala, an Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) legislator, to appear before the court Feb 22.
The court took the coercive action against Abhay Singh Chautala after CBI’s counsel submitted that summons issued against the leader could not be served despite their best efforts.
Earlier, the court had issued summons against Abhay Singh Chautala and his brother Ajay Chautala and others after taking cognisance on the chargesheet filed by the CBI in the disproportionate assets case.
Meanwhile, Haryana legislator Ajay Chautala and co-accused Chetram, Om Prakash, Abhimanyu Singh, Rajender Kumar and Netram, who appeared before the court, were granted interim bail.
According to the chargesheet against Ajay Chautala, CBI claimed he was in possession of assets to the tune of Rs.27.74 crore — 339 percent more than his income of Rs.8.17 crore during the period of 1993 to 2006.
The second chargesheet was filed against Abhay Chautala alleging his assets were 522 percent more than his income of Rs.22.89 crore as per Income Tax records during the check period of 2000 to 2005. The agency claimed to have found Rs.119.69 crore worth of assets.
CBI had registered a case in a designated court here in April 2006 and searched 24 premises of the Chautalas in Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal and Chandigarh during which it seized Rs.13 lakh in cash and froze five bank accounts containing Rs.1.34 crore belonging to Chautala and his family members.
The investigating agency’s FIR listed the moveable and immoveable properties belonging to the Chautala brothers or their family members that had been acquired between July 1999 and March 2005 when they were public servants.
- Abhay Chautala gets interim bail in graft case - Feb 22, 2010
- Why no sanction sought, court asks CBI in Chautalas case - Mar 22, 2010
- Court rejects plea of Ajay, Abhay Chautala in graft case - Jul 08, 2010
- Chautala's interim bail extended in graft case - May 04, 2010
- Chautala gets interim bail in graft case - May 03, 2010
- Court's 'No' to Ajay Chautala's plea on Pakistan visit - Jun 16, 2010
- Abhay Chautala facing bailable warrant - Feb 15, 2010
- Hearing adjourned on Chautala son's plea against graft charges - Sep 17, 2010
- Apex court clears way for Chautala brothers' prosecution (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Graft case against Chautala brothers stayed (Lead) - Oct 22, 2010
- Apex court rejects Chautala brothers' plea - Jul 04, 2011
- Haryana panel formed on takeover of Chautala trusts - Aug 24, 2011
- Ajay Singh Chautala seeks quashing of corruption charges, trial - Jan 03, 2012
- Apex court stays anti-graft hearings against Chautalas - Oct 22, 2010
- Court issues notice to CBI on Chautala plea - May 05, 2011
Tags: abhimanyu, bank accounts, best efforts, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chandigarh, chautala, coercive action, cognisance, himachal pradesh, inld, investigating agency, lakh, legislator, om prakash, public servants, rajasthan, rs 8, summons, uttaranchal