Bail to 14 accused in CPI-M office attackMarch 11th, 2008 - 8:05 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 11 (IANS) A city court Tuesday granted bail to 14 Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) activists accused of attacking the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) headquarters here. Metropolitan Magistrate Sudesh Kumar granted bail to all 14 on condition of producing a personal bond of Rs.25,000.
Following clashes between CPI-M and RSS workers in Kerala’s Kannur district last week, which left five people killed, a 250-strong mob attacked the CPI-M office in New Delhi Sunday, injuring 10 communist party members and eight policemen.
The attack took place when top CPI-M leaders, including general secretary Prakash Karat and politburo member Sitaram Yechuri, were holding the party’s Central Committee meeting at the A.K. Gopalan Bhawan.
The rampaging mob damaged four cars, including those of Karat and Yechuri, parked outside the building.
The police had to burst several rounds of teargas shells and deploy water cannons to control the mob.
- Air of defeat sets in at CPI-M Delhi office - May 13, 2011
- CPI-M for more women members - Feb 01, 2012
- Judicial custody for 14 in CPI-M office attack case - Mar 10, 2008
- China to lead world economy by 2025: Karat - Jan 30, 2012
- Left parties to discuss stand over presidential poll - Jun 21, 2012
- Communist movement won't fail in India: Prakash Karat - Jan 29, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M in tight spot over murder probe - Sep 09, 2012
- Congress leaders attack BJP, RSS on terror links - Jan 29, 2011
- CPI-M's Bengal conference to discuss poll debacle - Feb 15, 2012
- CPI-M fumes at denial of site in Agartala for rally - Jan 28, 2012
- IUML worker's murder: Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail - Aug 27, 2012
- Campaign ends for third phase of Bengal polls - Apr 25, 2011
- Kerala legislator gets bail in murder case - Aug 21, 2012
- CPI-M legislator, 32 others charged in IUML worker murder - Aug 23, 2012
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012