Bail of trucker who hit Mamata convoy extendedSeptember 8th, 2010 - 11:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 8 (IANS) Truck driver Gurjant Singh, arrested for his alleged attempt on the life of Trinamool Congress chief and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee, Wednesday got some relief after a West Bengal court extended his interim bail and allowed him to go out of the state.
Gurjant’s counsel Monojit Singh said: “The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Tamluk sub divisional court, Gopal Kumar Dalmia has extended the bail period till November 30. He (Gurjant) would be able to leave for his home state but will have to leave his contact address with the investigating officers of the state police’s Criminal Investigation Department (CID), which is probing the case”.
Earlier, Gurjant, who hails from Punjab’s Sangrur district, was granted interim bail on two sureties of Rs.2,500 each Aug 25, after the CID placed the case diary and the mechanical test report of the truck.
The judge had granted interim bail till Sep 8 and directed Gurjant to meet the investigating officer of the state CID once a week at the CID headquarters in Kolkata, the trucker’s counsel said.
Gurjant’s truck had hit the escort car of Mamata’s convoy at Kolaghat bridge of East Midnapore, while she was returning to Kolkata after addressing a rally in Lalgarh Aug 9.
- Trucker who hit Mamata's convoy granted bail - Aug 25, 2010
- Bail plea of trucker who hit Mamata's convoy rejected - Aug 23, 2010
- Illegal mining: Court gives bail to ex-official, stays order - Dec 15, 2011
- CID probe ordered into Mamata convoy mishap - Aug 11, 2010
- Former CPI-M lawmaker, aides sent to 3 days' CID custody - Mar 20, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife granted bail, arrested afresh - Aug 08, 2012
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Veteran AMRI doctor gets bail till Feb 15 - Feb 03, 2012
- Karnataka BJP legislator gets bail in bribery case - Jun 05, 2012
- Judicial custody of AMRI directors extended till Jan 19 - Jan 05, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- Ex-CPI-M minister alleges political vendetta after brother's arrest - Sep 10, 2012
- Supreme Court to lay down bail principles - Nov 15, 2011
- Man who questioned Mamata granted bail - Aug 24, 2012
- Jagan aide Vijay Sai Reddy gets bail - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: case diary, contact address, convoy, criminal investigation department, criminal investigation department cid, dalmia, divisional court, escort car, judicial magistrate, kolkata, mamata banerjee, mechanical test, midnapore, railway minister, rs 2, sangrur, sureties, test report, trinamool congress chief, west bengal