Bail of Kanda’s brother extended in dud cheque caseSeptember 21st, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 21 (IANS) A Delhi court Friday extended the interim bail till Oct 10 of Govind Kanda, brother of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and an accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case, in a case of ignoring warrants in a 14-year-old dud cheque matter.
The bail was granted by District Judge H.S. Sharma.
The court Sep 10 had granted bail to Govind Kanda till Sep 21 on a personal bond of Rs.10,000 and a surety of the same amount.
On the direction of a court, Gopal Kanda and his brother Govind, were declared proclaimed offenders in the cheque bounce case, which they settled out of court last month.
Earlier this month, police registered a case against them for avoiding court’s warrant.
Gopal Kanda is in 14-day judicial custody till Sep 25 for allegedly abetting the suicide of 23-year-old former flight attendant Geetika.
Geetika committed suicide on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in New Delhi. In her suicide note, she accused Gopal Kanda of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide but he has denied the allegation.
Kanda had resigned as Harayna’s minister of state for home after he was charged with abetting the suicide of Geetika.
Govind Kanda was arrested Aug 18 for helping Gopal Kanda evade arrest but was granted bail the same day by another Delhi court.
- Kanda's brother gets bail in dud cheque case (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Kanda's brother gets bail in dud cheque case - Sep 10, 2012
- Fresh case registered against Gopal Kanda - Sep 06, 2012
- Kanda let off in cheque-bounce case - Aug 27, 2012
- Hearing on Aruna Chaddha's bail plea deferred - Sep 05, 2012
- Court rejects Aruna Chaddha's bail plea - Sep 07, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Second lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- More trouble for Kanda, could face charges in cheque bounce case - Aug 30, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves bail application - Aug 31, 2012