Bail cancelled for Aman Kachru ragging accusedJuly 28th, 2010 - 12:09 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 28 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh High Court Wednesday cancelled bail to four students of a medical college for ragging to death first year student Aman Kachru last year.
The order was delivered by Justice D.D. Sud who had asked the government why their bail should not be cancelled.
A trial court in Dharamsala had granted bail to the four accused Ajay Verma, Naveen Verma, Abhinav Verma and Mukul Sharma on July 17 after 16 months of custody.
They have been asked to surrender Thursday.
The high court directed the fast track court in Dharamsala to conduct day-to-day hearings.
Kachru, 19, died March 8, 2009, a few hours after being allegedly ragged by the four final-year students of the Rajendra Prasad Medical College in Tanda town in Kangra district.
- Court cancels bail for Aman Kachru ragging accused (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- Kachru ragging case: Court questions Himachal on accused's bail - Jul 22, 2010
- Four students guilty of ragging to death Aman Kachru - Nov 11, 2010
- Bail of Kachru ragging accused cancelled (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- Trial court barred from deciding Kachru case accused's bail (Lead) - Jul 24, 2010
- Bail hearing of Kachru accused adjourned till Monday - Jul 24, 2010
- Kachru ragging case: Order on accused's bail likely Wednesday - Jul 26, 2010
- Kachru's father deposes in ragging death case - Aug 28, 2010
- Kachru ragging accused allowed to appear in high court - Jul 23, 2010
- Four in Himachal sentenced for killing ragging protester - Aug 31, 2010
- Kachru's father to be examined in ragging death case - Aug 18, 2010
- Kachru case: Court decides to ignore anonymous letter - Oct 19, 2010
- Aman ragging-to-death case: Court gets anonymous letter - Oct 01, 2010
- Anonymous letter sent to Kachru case judge baseless: Prosecutor - Oct 08, 2010
- Kachru ragging case: Fast track court resumes trial - Aug 02, 2010