Bagladeshi robbers’ gang bustedFebruary 8th, 2012 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 8 (IANS) Four Bangladeshi nationals have been arrested here in connection with 10 cases of robbery, police said Wednesday.
Jalil, 45, the mastermind of the gang, Kayyum, 32, Alam Gir, 30, and Kamal, 20, were arrested from south Delhi’s Mehrauli area Tuesday.
The gang broke into houses, overpowered the residents and escaped with cash and jewellery, said Deputy Commissioner of Police Chhaya Sharma.
During interrogation, Jalil revealed that he had committed more than 10 robberies in National Capital Region (NCR) and Rajasthan along with his gang of more than 12 people.
Rest of the gang members are on the run.
“They used to return to Bangladesh after a crime to dispose of the looted materials,” added Sharma.
- Five Bangladeshi nationals held for robbery - Jan 25, 2011
- Five robbers arrested - Sep 24, 2011
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Criminal wanted in 17 cases arrested - Mar 16, 2011
- Five Bangladeshis held for dacoity - May 04, 2010
- Seven held for thefts in Delhi buses - Feb 03, 2011
- Three burglars held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- Four arrested for car thefts, carjackings - Jan 11, 2011
- 5 Bangladeshi robbers nabbed in Delhi - Mar 10, 2011
- Chhattisgarh's bank loot mastermind arrested - May 18, 2011
- Jewellery, cash looted in two Ghaziabad towns - Jul 10, 2010
- Posing as cops, miscreants loot jewellery showroom - Jan 12, 2011
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Former maid, paramour arrested for robbing French national's house - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: bangladesh, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, gang members, gir, interrogation, kamal, mastermind, mehrauli, national capital region, nationals, ncr, New Delhi, rajasthan, robberies, robbers, robbery, south delhi