Baghpat firing toll rises to threeDecember 11th, 2008 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 11 (IANS) The death toll in the firing by criminals in Uttar Pradesh’s Baghpat region has risen to three following the death of a third trader who succumbed to injuries Thursday, officials said.Two businessmen were killed and six were critically injured when a gang of criminals opened indiscriminate fire in a busy market in Baghpat late Wednesday, the police said.
The four or five men, who were on motorcycles, fired at the shopkeepers in Thatheri Mandi, 300 km from here, and escaped.
While traders Kishanchand Jaiswal and Sumat died instantly, another trader, Sanjay, died in a Meerut hospital. The police said semi-automatic weapons were used by the killers.
Baghpat police chief B.R. Meena said the criminals had been identified and they would be caught in two days.
- Baghpat firing toll rises to three, 11 policemen suspended (Lead) - Dec 12, 2008
- Company manager shot dead in Meerut - Apr 12, 2012
- Two businessmen killed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 11, 2008
- Two men shot dead by police in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 27, 2008
- Meerut realtor killed - Jun 17, 2011
- Agra rocked by spate of looting, shooting, killing - Feb 13, 2012
- Two criminals hacked to death in Hyderabad - Jun 01, 2011
- Transformer explodes, three die - Dec 30, 2011
- 12 Shias killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- School principal killed in Pakistan - May 27, 2012
- Pakistan's kite-flyers to be booked under terrorism act! - Nov 11, 2011
- After Baghpat, criminals fire at traders in Mahoba, no caualities - Dec 12, 2008
- Enraged workers in Gurgaon indulge in vandalism, arson - Mar 23, 2012
- Karachi continues to bleed as target killings claim 30 more lives, death toll rises to 73 - Oct 20, 2010
- Cops probe calls from Iran to plant bombs in Meerut - Jul 18, 2011