Badal pays surprise visit to village school, rewards kidsFebruary 17th, 2009 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Hoshiarpur (Punjab), Feb 17 (IANS) Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday paid a surprise visit to a government-run school in this district and rewarded 20 students from poor families with Rs.5,000 each for academic excellence.
Badal arrived unannounced at the Government Senior Secondary School in Farhala village under Mahilpur sub-division.
The chief minister’s surprise visit to the school also revealed that teachers and other staff were performing their duties. Only three teachers, who were away at a nearby town for an official meeting, were not present when the chief minister came.
The children were excited to see the chief minister in their midst.
- Badal vs Badal vs Badal in Punjab's Lambi seat - Jan 07, 2012
- Punjab to fill all vacancies of teachers - Apr 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro impresses Punjab chief minister - Feb 13, 2012
- Probe poor quality work at new schools: Badal - Feb 10, 2011
- Punjab hooch deaths rise to 18 - Oct 29, 2010
- Stopping by the polling booth on wedding day (Punjab poll diary) - Jan 30, 2012
- Punjab slapgate gets wider; protestors caned before Badal - Dec 07, 2011
- Congress mocks at Badal's overnight stays in villages - Jul 10, 2011
- Teaching a lesson to the Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 09, 2011
- Badal to visit Milwaukee gurdwara, meet kin of killed - Aug 07, 2012
- Polling booth No.106: Where the feuding Badals converge - Jan 30, 2012
- Record voting in Punjab, nearly 77 cast franchise (Intro Roundup) - Jan 31, 2012
- Badal hit by human rights lawsuit in US - Aug 09, 2012
- Bar libraries across Punjab computerised - Nov 07, 2011
- Badal stakes claim, invited to form government - Mar 09, 2012