Badal Doshi tops in Autocross ChallengeSeptember 7th, 2008 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 7 (IANS) Local challenger Badal Doshi triumphed in two categories and also recorded the day’s fastest time of two minutes 16.32 seconds in the class for foreign motorcycles up to 260cc (Group A 2 and 4 stroke) in the final round of the Sportscraft Autocross Challenge for two-wheelers here Sunday.Doshi, riding a Yamaha YZ, claimed the overall honours in the foreign motorcycles class, with 57 points. Favourite Rustom Patel, who won the first two rounds, finished second with 54 points followed by Kaizad Patel (33 points), who did not participate in the first two rounds.
Doshi also won the class for motorcycles up to 130cc (Group C, 4 stroke) and it took his tally to 53 points for overall honours.
Snehal Chavan, who stole the limelight in the second round, topped the class for motorcycles above 130 up to 165cc (Group C, 4 stroke). He was followed by Aamir Dalvi and Ravinder Singh respectively. However, he failed to place among the top three positions overall, which were claimed by Pinkesh Thakkar (52 points), Amul Satpute (49) and Chinmay Desai (35).
But Chavan did take overall honours in the class for bikes (130cc up to 165cc, Group C 2 stroke). Mumbai’s Gyanesh Shukla, Thakkar and Satpude bagged the top three places in Sunday’s event, but Chavan claimed the overall honours with an aggregate of 57 points from the three rounds. Dalvi and Rustom were placed second and third overall.
Sunday’s final round got rolling with the class for scooters above 160cc (Group C 2 & 4 stroke). Mumbai’s former champion rider Kaizad displayed his class of old when going around the zig-zag dirt track and winning the category. He was followed by Kunal Rao and Pinkesh Thakkar.
Rao, with 45 points, took the overall honours, edging past Percy Billiardmarkar by just a point. Tarak Daiya, with 41 points, was third.
- Pradeep best rider of MRF Supercross - May 27, 2009
- Chethan bags top honours at Nashik Rally - Dec 12, 2010
- Jagan dominates day two of national motorcycle racing - Jun 05, 2011
- Top honours for Rajini in National Motorcycle Championship - Oct 02, 2011
- Big grids likely for National Motorcycle Championship - May 29, 2012
- Hat-trick for Joshua, Venu at Mak Indian National Rally Championship - Aug 01, 2010
- Rajini poised to clinch National Motorcycle title - Oct 01, 2011
- Rajini dominates superbikes class - Aug 12, 2012
- Rajini unstoppable in motorcycle racing - Aug 13, 2011
- Double for Sarath Kumar - Sep 09, 2012
- Rookie motorbike rider Ramesh bags a double - Jun 03, 2012
- Leaders to have it tough in National bike racing - Sep 07, 2012
- Rajini rides to easy win in motorcycle championship - Jun 04, 2011
- National motorbike races hotting up - Sep 02, 2011
- National motorcycle championship set for close finish - Sep 30, 2011