Baby girl found murdered in Ghaziabad drainJuly 28th, 2012 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 28 (IANS) An 18-day-old girl was found murdered in a drain in Ghaziabad, police said Saturday.
The body of Saumya Lodi, daughter of Virendra Lodi, a worker of a Mumbai-based construction firm who worked in Noida, was found in Khoda neighbourhood.
Saumya was allegedly kidnapped from her home early in the morning.
Her grandmother Shiela Lodi claimed two masked men kidnapped her from their house around 4.30 a.m. and hit her while escaping on a bike, police said.
Police said the child’s grandmother had made suspicious statements.
Superintendent of Police Shiv Shankar Yadav said: “We have registered a case of murder against unidentified people.”
“We are probing the possible involvement of a family member in the incident. There were only three family members, including the child’s parents, present there when the incident occurred. The entry of any outsider is unlikely,” he said.
- Child drowns in Ghaziabad drain - Jul 13, 2012
- NCPCR orders probe into Kolkata hospital crib death - Dec 23, 2011
- Kidnapped Ghaziabad child found, three arrested - Oct 01, 2011
- Ghaziabad residents protest police apathy in rape case - Apr 19, 2012
- Boy kidnapped for ransom in Ghaziabad - Sep 30, 2011
- Uneasy calm after Delhi violence, 22 detained (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered - Mar 08, 2011
- Malaysian girl dies during exorcism ritual - Aug 07, 2012
- Woman arrested for sacrificing infant - Jul 13, 2011
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Minor raped and killed in Ghaziabad - Jan 15, 2012
- Two men killed by sons in Ghaziabad - Jun 23, 2011
- Shops shut in violence-hit east Delhi area; situation under control (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Three arrested for kidnapping child - Jan 18, 2012
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012