Baby Falak remains on ventilator, still criticalFebruary 13th, 2012 - 11:57 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) Two-year-old Falak continues to remain on ventilator after experiencing difficulty in breathing, doctors at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) said Monday about the battered baby who has been in hospital for more than three weeks.
“The baby continues to remain on ventilator and there is no change in her condition. The infection in her brain is still persistent,” Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor of neurosurgery at the AIIMS trauma centre, told IANS.
Falak had earlier shown marginal improvement in her condition and was put off the ventilator Friday evening as the chest infection had cleared and the blood infection had also subsided.
By night, she was put back on it after having breathing problems.
Falak was brought to AIIMS by a teenager Jan 18 with a fractured skull, bruises and human bite marks all over her tiny frame.
The girl who claimed to be her mother is now in a juvenile home. Nine people, including key-accused Raj Kumar Gupta who had handed over the baby to the juvenile, have been arrested in the case.
The team of doctors monitoring the toddler’s condition had said the chest and blood infection had subsided, but the brain infection was still a cause for concern.
The baby has undergone three surgeries so far. Doctors say she is stable, but critical.
“She continues to be critical, but stable,” said Agrawal.
- Baby Falak back on ventilator, still critical: Doctor - Feb 12, 2012
- Baby Falak back on ventilator support - Feb 05, 2012
- Baby Falak slightly better, next 48 hours crucial: Doctors (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Baby Falak very critical: Doctor - Feb 01, 2012
- Baby Falak taken off ventilator, improvement in health (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Baby Falak stable for now, but still critical: Doctors - Feb 04, 2012
- Falak back on ventilator after having breathing problems, say doctors - Feb 11, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, battles for life (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Baby Falak taken off ventilator, still unconscious - Feb 03, 2012
- Baby Falak undergoes brain surgery, still critical (Second Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak's chances of survival bleak: Doctor - Feb 02, 2012
- Falak still critical, may undergo another brain surgery - Feb 19, 2012
- Baby Falak's brother found - Feb 15, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, next 48 hours till Thursday crucial (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, assistant professor, blood infection, brain infection, breathing problems, bruises, chest infection, falak, fractured skull, friday evening, gupta, india institute, marginal improvement, neurosurgery, New Delhi, surgeries, tiny frame, trauma centre, ventilator