Baby Falak back on ventilator supportFebruary 5th, 2012 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 5 (IANS) Two-year-old Falak, who has been battling for life after being battered by a teenage girl, has been put back on ventilator as she developed breathing problems, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) doctors said Sunday.
“She had breathing problems since Saturday night. We put her back on ventilator support. We are constantly monitoring her condition,” Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor, neurosurgery, at the AIIMS Trauma Centre told IANS.
Falak was taken off the ventilator early Friday.
According to the team of doctors monitoring her condition, though her vital parameters are stable she is still critical.
“She is still critical as the culture test report had indicated that she has infection in her blood, brain fluid and chest,” Agrawal said.
“For the past six days we are administering strong antibiotics. We will continue this for two to three days and see how she responds. If the infection worsens, we might go for another surgery,” he added.
Falak was brought to AIIMS Jan 18, with severe head injuries and bite marks all over her face, by a 14-year-old girl who is now in a juvenile home.
Battling chest, brain and blood infections, she is being fed through a tube.
Four people have been arrested in the case.
- Baby Falak taken off ventilator, improvement in health (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Baby Falak remains on ventilator, still critical - Feb 13, 2012
- Baby Falak back on ventilator, still critical: Doctor - Feb 12, 2012
- Baby Falak taken off ventilator, still unconscious - Feb 03, 2012
- Baby Falak undergoes brain surgery, still critical (Second Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, battles for life (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Falak responding to treatment, still critical: Doctor - Feb 29, 2012
- Falak back on ventilator after having breathing problems, say doctors - Feb 11, 2012
- Baby Falak's chances of survival bleak: Doctor - Feb 02, 2012
- Baby Falak stable for now, but still critical: Doctors - Feb 04, 2012
- Falak critical but infection under control: Doctors - Feb 08, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, may undergo another brain surgery (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Baby Falak slightly better, next 48 hours crucial: Doctors (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- 30 percent chance Falak will remain vegetative: Doctors - Feb 07, 2012
- Baby Falak critical, next 48 hours till Thursday crucial (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, antibiotics, assistant professor, blood infections, breathing problems, culture test, doctors, head injuries, india institute, neurosurgery, New Delhi, old girl, saturday night, six days, teenage girl, test report, trauma centre, ventilator support, vital parameters