Babri demolition case hearing deferred to July 4June 24th, 2008 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 24 (IANS) A special court in Rae Bareli Tuesday deferred hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case to July 4 following a strike by lawyers. Mohammad Aslam alias Bhure, a witness in the Dec 6, 1992, mosque demolition in Ayodhya, 120 km from here, was to depose before the court Tuesday.
Because of a strike by lawyers in Rae Bareli, 85 km from here, over an altercation they had with some doctors in the town two days ago, the court could not take up the case and deferred the hearing.
The deposition of two of the three witnesses to the demolition has been over.
The two witnesses were Hanuman Prasad, the head constable who lodged the first information report (FIR) about the Dec 6 incident, and Provincial Armed Constabulary commandant R.K. Swamy, who had allegedly ordered the firing at the people who were razing the structure.
The next hearings would also have cross-examination of accused Ashok Singhal of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), Vinay Katiyar and Murli Manohar Joshi of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Cross-examination of Uma Bharati, a former BJP leader, and VHP leader Sadhvi Rithambhara has been completed.
- SC to hear CBI plea against Advani in Babri Masjid case - Aug 24, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- No word on ISI hand in Babri demolition, cop tells court - Apr 29, 2010
- Babri Masjid case: Apex court issues notices to Advani, Thackeray (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Mosque demolition: CBI challenges Advani clean-chit (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Lawyers' strike cripples Delhi district courts (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's plea rejected - Aug 23, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- Advani 'euphoric' on Dec 6, 1992, says eyewitness cop - Mar 26, 2010
- Supreme Court issues notice to Advani and others in Babri Masjid demolition case - Mar 04, 2011
- Court to frame charges in Babri Mosque demolition case - Jun 29, 2010
- Court pulls up lawyer for seeking adjournments - Jan 22, 2010
- Next hearing in Babri mosque demolition case on July 11th - Jul 04, 2008
- Advani 'euphoric' on Babri demolition day, says eyewitness cop (Lead) - Mar 26, 2010