B-Town wishes Happy Rakhi, demands women’s safetyAugust 2nd, 2012 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 2 (IANS) Bollywood beauties like Mallika Sherawat and Preity Zinta wished Happy Rakshabandhan to their fans, while filmmakers like Onir and Ken Ghosh hope the values of the festival get drilled into those who mistreat girls.
The celebrities took to Twitter Thursday to share their wishes on the ocassion. Here’s what they had to say:
Raveena Tandon: Wishing all of you, on this auspicious day of Rakshabandhan. Love peace and togetherness, the blood bond that should remain thicker than money, property, insecurities and jealousies. Wishing all the brothers and sisters, love and happiness.
Shabana Azmi: India’s syncretic cultures fascinate me. Tied rakhi to my brother and am keeping roza. Am sentimental about Rakhi and can’t wait for Eid.
Ken Ghosh: I hope the values of Rakshabandhan are drilled into molesters of women (by using an electric drill to their foreheads).
Onir: Here is wishing on Rakshabandhan day to all the amazing sisters in the world that their brothers learn to respect women and treat them as equals. Here is wishing on Rakshabandhan day, a world where women are treated with dignity, equality and respect.
Preity Zinta: I’d like to wish all of you a very Happy Rakhi! We are really lucky in India to have a special day dedicated to our brothers.
Celina Jaitly: I still remember my very first Rakshabandhan. My brother ate the rakhi I tied and I cried because he didn’t share it with me. Happy rakhi.
Sonam Kapoor: Happy Rakhi to my wonderful brothers… Wish I was in Mumbai to get my Kharchie (token money)!
Mallika Sherawat: Happy Rakshabandhan, wish my brother Vikram was with me today.
Tusshar Kapoor: Happy Rakshabandhan to all! Rakhi baandhne se zyada nibhana zaroori hai (Respecting the bond is more important than tying a Rakhi)!
- Bollywood brigade wishes 'Happy Raksha Bandhan' - Aug 13, 2011
- Bips asks fans for new DVD title (Movie Snippets) - May 14, 2012
- School kids send 60,000 handmade rakhis to soldiers - Jul 28, 2011
- Dev Anand gets nostalgic at Taj (Movie Snippets) - May 24, 2011
- 'Dabangg' Salman turns 46, B-town tweets wishes - Dec 27, 2011
- Mallika meets Jackie Chan, again (Movie Snippets) - May 21, 2012
- Rakhi celebrated in Pakistan - Aug 12, 2011
- Forget dieting, Eid is B-Town's time to feast! - Aug 20, 2012
- My chest has become blouse: Sujoy Ghosh (Movie Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- Fun, cheer on Raksha Bandhan in Lucknow - Aug 13, 2011
- Mom is the best, says Bollywood - May 08, 2011
- Bollywood wishes Happy Friendship Day - Aug 07, 2011
- Rakhi highlights importance of women in Indian society: PM - Aug 12, 2011
- Hrithik turns 38, B-town says 'Happy Birthday' - Jan 10, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with gaiety - Aug 13, 2011
Tags: auspicious day, blood bond, bollywood beauties, foreheads, insecurities, jealousies, ken ghosh, mallika sherawat, money property, ocassion, onir, preity zinta, rakshabandhan, raveena tandon, roza, shabana azmi, sonam kapoor, syncretic, token money, tusshar kapoor