B-school contests unrecognised university labelJune 20th, 2008 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 20 (IANS) The Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM) Friday approached the Delhi High Court challenging the University Grant’s Commission (UGC) decision to classify it as a unrecognized university. Filing a petition, through its counsel A.S. Chandiok, the IIPM stated that the UGC on its website has categorized it as an unrecognized university.
“We are not a university. We only impart financial training to management students and moreover we did not issue any degree too,” argued Chandiok before the court.
Counsel argued that putting the IIPM under unrecognized university list may seem as if it was a fake institution.
The vacation bench of Justice S.N. Aggarwal posted the matter for Monday and asked the UGC to file a reply to the petition.
- Commission to remove B-school from fake university list - Jun 27, 2008
- Court asks B-school, commission to settle recognition issue - Jun 23, 2008
- Court issues notice to centre on filling UGC chairman seat - Sep 05, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi University on teachers' attendance - Aug 29, 2012
- Court orders probe into financial lapses in Ramjas College - Mar 23, 2011
- High court reserves orders on Naidu's petition - Dec 14, 2011
- Court questions university on 'illegal' study centres - Feb 02, 2011
- Court summons audit official over report on schools - Mar 29, 2011
- Court slams illegal educational institutions - Jun 23, 2010
- Delhi University assures HC on biometric attendance for teachers - Sep 19, 2012
- Court orders pesticides tests on veggies in Delhi - Mar 09, 2011
- Larger bench to hear Yeddyurappa's plea against prosecution - Jul 18, 2011
- Court notice over girls' admission to Delhi school (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Apex court dismisses lawyer's petition in Vodafone case (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- MD admissions: AIIMS questioned for disobeying court order - Mar 07, 2011